Time frame after signing contract?

TinkerKeeks

Mouseketeer
Hello, I am just wondering for those that bought resale, how long it took for them to send the contract to Disney for ROFR after you signed?

I signed my contract on Monday morning and sent my escrow payment, and haven’t heard anything since then. I keep checking my emails every 10 min lol just wondering if this is the norm or if something is holding things up?

This is my first time going through this process

Hello, I am just wondering for those that bought resale, how long it took for them to send the contract to Disney for ROFR after you signed?

I signed my contract on Monday morning and sent my escrow payment, and haven’t heard anything since then. I keep checking my emails every 10 min lol just wondering if this is the norm or if something is holding things up?

This is my first time going through this process

Never mind I just got the email it was sent today 10 minutes after posting this 🤦‍♀️Guess I am just too excited lol

I was going to say 2-3 days - but that sounds like what you ended up with. The process of resale is not fast. You are probably looking at 15-30 days for the ROFR process , then it takes around another 10 days to get all the contracts signed on both sides and get payments in, then it gets submitted to Disney and filed with the county - and THEN you are still looking at 10-20 days before your points load. Overall, it is roughly a 40-60 day process. We put an offer in on an AKV contract on August 17th and we are through everything but still waiting for the points to load, and honestly I thought it was pretty fast and we're at 38 days.

Hi, if you check the Closing Time thread you can get an estimate of how long everything is taking.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/post-61105973

(I linked to the most recent post because I find it most helpful to look through the most recent timeframes first then go backwards.)

Also agree, everything takes awhile. For us it was 7 weeks from offer to points in our account (new members), and waiting on Disney (ROFR, setting up the account) took the longest!

HTH! And good luck with everything!

Thanks I have been reading through all the threads! I know it’s going to be a long process, good thing I have a November trip planned to distract me from obsessing 😂

As soon as we have the signed purchase/sales agreement from both the buyer and seller your file is sent to the title company and DVC to start ROFR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter