Time needed between ADR and Fastpass

ScottAmundson

Earning My Ears
I just made FP+ selections for our trip in January. On the 11th, we have an ADR at Be Our Guest at 6:25 pm. I reserved a FP+ for Wishes for 7:35-7:55. Do you think this is enough time to eat?

I just made FP+ selections for our trip in January. On the 11th, we have an ADR at Be Our Guest at 6:25 pm. I reserved a FP+ for Wishes for 7:35-7:55. Do you think this is enough time to eat?
I use a rule of 90 minutes per meal. That works well if they seat you right away, with a later dinner you are waiting for other people to leave so you can sit. That means you may not sit at 6:25pm, it may be later. I would get to the restaurant 15 minutes before my ADR time and check in. That helps you get in closer to your time, no guarantees! Pleaset let your server know about your FP+ time, that way they know you are on a schedule. Maybe even pay for your dinner before your family is done eating that way when everyone is done you can just go. If you could move your ADR a little earlier I think you would be in the clear, the current time is right on the edge of my comfort zone! :)

I will tell you our bog experience
Adr for 600 fp 655 for a
We showed up at bog at 545 didn't get seated at bog till 7 pm
We had to rush through dinner take our dessert to go and skip pictures with the beast to get to our a fp with just a couple min to spare

Something else to consider is the crowds of people who will be in the area waiting to watch Wishes. It will not be an easy 'stroll' to the FP+ location. I'd recommend going to your reservation at least 30 mins in advance, hoping they can seat you early or even better, keep trying for an earlier dining time.

I've been looking for a BoG reservation for a last minute Disney trip we planned just 2 weeks ago for December. After checking MDE multiple times each day suddenly a reservation was available today so I quickly snagged it. For myself, it's not an enjoyable meal when I'm constantly clock watching to get to the next event.

When I was in Disney, there were many complications with transportation, restaurants, and fastpasses. It takes a while to enjoy your meal, depending on what transportation you are taking, things could go wrong and take a little more time than expected. MK is very crowded during wishes and getting to the FP location will not be very easy. I had a breakfast at 10:20 and a fastpass from 11:15-12:15. When I was finished with breakfast, it took one hour on a monorail to get to my fast pass due to "technical difficulties" and I ended up missing my fast pass by 15 minutes-- but the CM was nice enough to let us still use it.

I think that you are cutting it close. Both times we ate at BOG there was a 35-40 minute wait to be seated after check-in. They are also very strict about checking in early. Your meal time will also depend on if you want appetizers or desserts or the wait to meet the Beast if that's important to you.

Not to mention that things will be crowded and if i'm not mistaken they close the cut throughs that go by the castle?

This would be too close for me. I would not want to miss Wishes and I cannot see how you will be in, seated, served, pay and then out of dinner, and then situated for Wishes unless all of the stars align.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep checking to see if an earlier reservation becomes available for BOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter