Time to allow for meals and Ogas

Gbug

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm trying to plot a rough plan for a couple of days at Disneyland/DCA back end of August.

If we have 11am reservations for counter lunch restaurants (e.g. Red Rose Taverne and Pym Test Kitchen) I'm just trying to get a sense of how long we should be allowing for these meals.

I'm not sure if you have to wait when you get there when you have a reservation etc, or how long they take to prepare your order. That kind of thing. Basically, if I assume we'd be out of there by 12pm does that sound reasonable?

Also, if we manage to snare a reservation for Ogas I gather we may still need to wait to get in? It would be around lunchtime if we did. Does anyone know how long a wait that typically is?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi, I'm trying to plot a rough plan for a couple of days at Disneyland/DCA back end of August.

If we have 11am reservations for counter lunch restaurants (e.g. Red Rose Taverne and Pym Test Kitchen) I'm just trying to get a sense of how long we should be allowing for these meals.

I'm not sure if you have to wait when you get there when you have a reservation etc, or how long they take to prepare your order. That kind of thing. Basically, if I assume we'd be out of there by 12pm does that sound reasonable?

Also, if we manage to snare a reservation for Ogas I gather we may still need to wait to get in? It would be around lunchtime if we did. Does anyone know how long a wait that typically is?

Thanks for your help in advance.

FYI - most counter service restaurants (like the ones you mentioned above) do not accept reservations and are walk up only

Ah, right, thanks for that. So we just have to mobile order ahead of time? Well I guess the same question applies, if we do that is it a case of when we show up it'll be ready and we can just sit down? If so, I can't imagine it'll take us much more than half an hour or so to eat.

Oh, i'm excited for your planning. The more of a roughly mapped out day you have: the more you will get to see and do. BUT, also a huge dose of flexibility mixed in as well.

You can check into your reservations via your "My Disney" app 20minutes early. Then you can be there and the average waits, after checking in is about 5-10 minutes. You also have a 5–10-minute grace period if you are running a bit late.

As mentioned above, mobile order your lunch for 11:00: which can be done at 0700. Scout out your table/but an hour would be eating and running. I'd shoot for 1.5hr difference. I like to keep things moving, but you also don't want to be too rushed. This can make the day way too stressful. Also, might I suggest you have a Ronto Wrap, my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE thing in DL: this way you are in Galaxies Edge and it's just a few feet away.

Ah, right, thanks for that. So we just have to mobile order ahead of time? Well I guess the same question applies, if we do that is it a case of when we show up it'll be ready and we can just sit down? If so, I can't imagine it'll take us much more than half an hour or so to eat.

When you place a mobile order, you select a pick up time. They will give you options that are 30 minute windows. When that time arrives, you can hit a button that says "I'm here, prepare my order." I usually hit this button when I'm walking over and almost there. Find a table and sit down to wait. When your food is ready to be picked up at the counter, you will get a new notification.

The time it takes between hitting the "I'm here" button and when the food is ready varies. It's usually between immediately and 15 minutes, at most. Once you get the "food is ready for pick up" notice, there could still be a bit of a wait in line at the counter for pickup.

I'd plan 20-45 min per counter service meal, depending on how fast you eat. We average about 20 minutes. We eat fast.

Some places don't have mobile order available, so plan a bit longer if you want one of those (Plaza Inn, Rancho del Zocalo, Boardwalk Pizza).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter