time to arrive at dc

Maria395712

DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member
what time should we arrive at dc and what and where do you go first ? do you find a place to sit and then get vest? how do you get your time for the dolphin swim and when do they close
thank you
maria

Try to get to DC by 8am. When we got there at 8, there were already quite a few people ahead of us. We were assigned an 8:45 swim time and I had thought DC didn't open until 9am. After you've registered in, you are handed your bag of snorkeling stuff, towel, and sunscreen. Then a guide takes a small group...in our case just the 5 family members, onto the trail that leads to the lagoon and everything. You'll get your free family photo taken along here. Then you are told to go to the changing room, find one of the outside lockers, and then go to one of the places wetsuit stuff is hanging. There are people there to help fit you correctly. You are also told what time and what hut to report to 15-20 min. before your assigned swim time. Here you will sit with about 3 or 4 other groups while a guide shows a short video about dolphins. Then you are assigned a group # and told where to go at the dolphin lagoon when your group # is called. Word of caution....if your dolphin swim is assigned for later in the day, KEEP TRACK OF TIME!!! We saw several families yelling at family members who missed their dolphin swim because they got preoccupied with snorkeling---very, very easy to do! After your swim you will be told which area to go to in order to view all of the pics they took of you while swimming. You can order any/all of the pics you want. You can pick up those plus your free photo at the big gift shop before you leave. DC closes at 5 pm. We didn't stay until then because the sky was darkening. They are very safety concious there....wouldn't let anyone walk out in the open while storm was going on. Our family was split between the lockers and changing/shower area for about 1/2 hr. until the all clear was given.

Yes, they do offer pkgs. I don't recall the prices though. Both, the free family picture and the one of my boys with the dolphin are 5x7 pictures. The free cardboard frame is 8x10 size with a cut-out for the 5x7 size pic. Same with the plastic frame I bought in the gift shop. They also offer a video, but from what I've read on the boards, it is an intro to DC video and then the rest is your whole group....not just you and your family individually. I believe the price on that was $60. My husband was able to shoot some great video of my sons and I since he didn't do the swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter