Time to pack: should i pack 1 outfit a day or 2

I have been hunting for a thread like this... I'm not even too sure what TO pack, OTHER than clothes LOL.......

i dont want to overpack, but i also dont want to be underprepared. what to do?

Whenever I used to pack for a WDW vacation I would normally only pack one outfit a day. However, I spent most of my time at the parks and really only required one outfit a day. If you plan on taking breaks at the hotels, then going out for a nice dinner, you may want to pack more.

Hope this helps. Have a magical day.

This is my plan:

1 outfit a day
1 or 2 nice outfits if you are going to a special dinner
1 Bathing Suit
A sweater (it gets chilly in those stores!)
A pair of Sneakers
A pair of Flip Flops
And pair of nice shoes (for the special dinner)

I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. I hope you have a great trip!:wizard:

This year I will only pack one outfit per day and maybe a couple of dressier outfits for a couple of our later ADRs. I totally overpacked last year and am determined not to do that year especially with the extra charges for the luggage charges.

This is my plan:

1 outfit a day
1 or 2 nice outfits if you are going to a special dinner
1 Bathing Suit
A sweater (it gets chilly in those stores!)
A pair of Sneakers
A pair of Flip Flops
And pair of nice shoes (for the special dinner)

I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. I hope you have a great trip!:wizard:

Disneylover, I think that is a perfect packing plan!!!

I pack 1 outfit per day, 1 nice outfit for restaurant, flip flops, 2 swimwears, long sleeves I wear on a flight, so I do not really pack it. I pack my clothes into clear ziplocks so everything is neat and I know where is what.

I pack two outfits per day. Between sweat, sunscreen and whatever else happens during the afternoon, I would like to feel clean at dinner. And if I am taking a break at the pool, I am NOT putting my sweaty clothes back on. It's summer time, so shorts and t-shirts or tank tops don't take up much room. You can do laundry, but my rule is-if it's less than 10 days, I am not spending any time doing housework! Oh and pack extra underwear too! :)

I think I'm going to pack 2 sets, but we're driving.... With my kids... someone will drip/drop something on themselves... and I don't know about you, but I don't want Disney pics w chocolate all over the poor kiddos LOL, but I also plan on throwing the clothes in the wash every night when we get back to our room...

I pack two outfits per day. Between sweat, sunscreen and whatever else happens during the afternoon, I would like to feel clean at dinner. And if I am taking a break at the pool, I am NOT putting my sweaty clothes back on. It's summer time, so shorts and t-shirts or tank tops don't take up much room. You can do laundry, but my rule is-if it's less than 10 days, I am not spending any time doing housework! Oh and pack extra underwear too! :)

Yep, we are doing exactly this. We will be there for 12 days, plus 2 days traveling each way, so we're bringing around 10 shirts each, 4-5 pairs of shorts, 10 pairs of undies and socks. We will still be doing laundry at least once, but I will NOT put back sweaty, sunscreeny, etc. clothes back on.

Our plan is definitely to take a swim break in the afternoon. I would only bring one outfit a day in the cool season, like when we go in January. But sogginess is a distinct possibility in August!!

I tend to overpack...For one week, I'll probably bring enough for 2! But my view is that you'll never know what you'll feel like wearing one day and if you get sweaty or spill something, you'll need a change! Better to be safe than sorry even if it means a heavy suitcase!

I pack one outfit per day and then 2-3 extra outfits that can be mixed and matched for the eveings if I need them (capris, jeans (depending on time of year), nice top, or a sundress).

Great tips! I am planning on packing 1 outfit for everyday + one extra. We will probably go back to the resort every day and I figured that if that day's outfit was sweaty, dirty from the park, I would wear the next days one to dinner. I so tend to overpack.

I only pack 5-6 outfits, and do laundry. It takes up less room in the luggage, and it's really not that difficult to do a load of laundry.

For kids though, I plan for 2 outfits a day. Who knows what they'll drop on their shirt or whatever!

I usually pack one outfit a day for myself and DH.

We stay for 8 days so I normally pack an extra 4 outfits for the kids as I normally need an extra outfit at least 1/2 the time.

If we've planned a really nice dinner I'll pack a little something extra for that.

Also, because the weather is sometimes unpredictable I usually pack 4 pairs of pants/jeans (usually won't have 8 straight days of cold weather).

Same thing with sweatshirts.

I'm going for 16 days...(leaving tomorrow whoohooo ! lol)

I'm packing for 7 days and packing a little bottle of detergent. I figure washing a load is cheaper because of the suitcase fees for airlines. And...I still a small duffle in one of the suitcases so we have an extra carry-on if we need it for the extras we always pick up.

I pack light going down and stuff it all back in coming home lol

I'm doing a short trip next month - 5 days/4 nights - so time is too precious to waste on doing laundry.

I plan on bringing five bottoms (shorts, skorts and capris) and 10 tops that can be mixed and matched...2-3 bras...10 pairs of undies...five pairs of socks...two pairs of flip flops (a low pair and one with a little bit of a wedge)...one pair of sneakers...one swimsuit...one pool coverup (which also doubles as a robe)...and one pair of pajamas. Throw in a watch, a couple of pairs of earrings and a light pashmina wrap for potentially chilly planes/attractions/restaurants and I'm good to go.

Don't get me started on my cosmetics/toiletry kit, though...we might be here for days! :lmao:

We stay at our Hilton timeshare so we have laundry right in our room. We throw in a load when we walk in the door at night and put it in the dryer in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter