Timeline for FoF parade and an early dinner

mickeybaby

Earning My Ears
We want to see the FoF parade at 2 pm in October by viewing the parade in Frontierland. We think the parade begins from Frontierland and works its way to Main Street - is this correct?

After the parade, we have a dinner reservation at Ohana at 3:35. After watching the parade, will we be able to get to the front of the park and then on to Ohana with all of the parade crowd? We usually watch the parades from Main Street, so we know how congested that area becomes with a parade. Is there always a path for those exiting the park to get through?

Thanks for your help!

I’d park myself in front of the Main St train station for the parade.

Then, exit as fast as you can when the end of the parade comes into view.

Yes, they create open paths so people can still walk down the sidewalks on Main St. (you can also walk through the shops). If you watch from Frontierland, I would duck through the opening between Frontierland and Adventureland, walk through Adventureland, around the hub and down the Main St. sidewalk. You can also watch from the Adventureland side near Splash and see it right where it begins and then simply turn around and walk through Adventureland. Or, as Robo said, watch from the Main St. train station and then exit from there.

Yes, they create open paths so people can still walk down the sidewalks on Main St. (you can also walk through the shops). If you watch from Frontierland, I would duck through the opening between Frontierland and Adventureland, walk through Adventureland, around the hub and down the Main St. sidewalk. You can also watch from the Adventureland side near Splash and see it right where it begins and then simply turn around and walk through Adventureland. Or, as Robo said, watch from the Main St. train station and then exit from there.
The problem is that even though you can get to the far end of Main St. via the stores, if you are there just a bit “too late,” they will not let you exit the park until the parade is fully over in Town Square.

And, that’s why I said to be standing “in front of” the train station.
If you’re on the south side (train station side) of the street, you’ll be able to exit even before the parade is fully past .

Watching from Frontier land isn’t a bad idea. The CMs do a good job making sure people have room to walk and once the last float passes you you’ll have little trouble beating the end of the parade down Main Street. It should give you a small head start.

The problem is that even though you can get to the far end of Main St. via the stores, if you are there just a bit “too late,” they will not let you exit the park until the parade is fully over in Town Square.

This changes things.

And, that’s why I said to be standing “in front of” the train station.
If you’re on the south side (train station side) of the street, you’ll be able to exit even before the parade is fully past .

Sorry to hijack your post, but it hadn't occurred to me that you wouldn't be able to exit during the parade from that side of the park. It makes total sense, since you can't cross through the performers, I just hadn't realized.

If you want to exit around the time that the parade is running and you're on the Tomorrowland side of Main St, can you get all the way down Main and out without being stopped?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter