• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timing after new baby - am I crazy?

Personally, I would be worried about keeping a baby that young warm enough in December. WDW can be quite cold in December - certainly much colder than CA at that time. We were there in March with an 8 month old, and it still got cold enough then to worry about keeping her warm enough, even with BWing her.

That is something to think about, for sure. We did the same time period 5 years ago with a 5 month old and despite some very cold evenings, had no problem keeping her warm enough. Baby will rarely be in a stroller (only if he's with grandma while the rest of us are riding something) and if anything, I tend to overdress them. I also have a jacket that will zip up over baby. Something to be sure to add to my packing list!

I don't think you are crazy. My youngest was at Disney when she was 3 months old. she was by far the easier to take care of. She would sleep the entire time and only wake up to breast feed. Life is too short to worry about everything. Ask me how I know... I've almost lost my life a week after giving birth due to infection. Go and enjoy!

I don't think you're crazy at all, and as a mom of three I'd have done the same thing
BUT… make sure you have travel insurance and a Plan B just in case!

My third baby was my second c-section and whilst my previous c-section was fine my recovery this time around was complicated. At 8 weeks post-natal check up all seemed well but started to have problems after that and took nearly 6 months to be completely well again - I'd have had no chance of a vacation in that time, especially not to DisneyWorld :sad2:

First I think it's fine with two codicils.

1) statistically a 3rd c/s has far higher complication rate then a first or second c/s so don't count on a similar experience to the first two.

2) Be prepared to scrap the trip if necessary due to any issues that arise by having travel insurance.

Bringing you oldest when she was that young, how was your trip? We are going to WDW in September for my sons first birthday and I am just now freaking out that it may not be worth it...It will just be my husband and I and my son.

We took my son for his first birthday. We went just the 2 of us. We had taken him 2 times before that, the first year trip was the best. We only stayed in the park for the morning and we kept his bedtimes. It can be great.

I am due in December and we are hoping to go in March or April (will book when packages come out) so I definitely don't think you are crazy

I took my youngest when she was 6 weeks old after a scheduled c-section. We had a great trip. She was the best behaved kid at Disney World.

We took my son when he was just about to turn 4 months. I was a first time mom and very scared! But it was great! He was an easy going baby, loved watching and looking around(especially on Peter Pan and Pooh rides) and wasn't fussy unless he was hungry. Even when he was cranky or I got stressed, it was still ok, because you can't be too unhappy for too long at the most magical place on earth ;) The heat was intolerable for breastfeeding, but the babycare centers helped with that at times, and if you are going in Dec you won't have to worry about that anyway. Since you are on your 3rd I'm sure you are a pro, so go for it, I'm glad I did! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter