Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

Got you down o the list!

Did the Awesome 80s race yesterday and holy.cow. I thought people dressed up for Disney runs, but they've got nothing on yesterday. I can literally count on my hands, and no feet, the people that weren't dressed up, in neon or themed shirts, it was so much fun. And Patty!! I totally thought of you the whole time! The race was in Golden Gate Park, kinda like a smaller Central Park and it was hilly! :rotfl2: It reminded me of your comment about avoiding SF races b/c of the hills. Loved the course though even though it was hillier than I thought, and this 1 took you where I haven't been before and it was really pretty. So much fun!!

As for me and running ~ this is my 1st big week. Tomorrow 5-7, Thur is 9-10, Sat is 7 and Sun is 17-18. Little worried, but if I can make it through this week and do the mileage I'm supposed to, then it'll make me a lot more confident for the next month and big mileage weeks.

Hope everyone has a great week and a good Thanksgiving!

Not to tell you how to train, but why are you doing so many miles in one week? Are you training for an ultra or 50 miler?

How is everyone doing with their training?

Feeling good here. I will NOT be fast, but I will finish strong. That is more important to me than killing myself on the course. My goal is to feel like I could run a couple more if I *had* to. :thumbsup2

I did 9 miles on Sunday for my long run, a little behind where I wanted to be in training, but not so much that I am worried at all. I need to focus a little more on speed work, or at least add that in somewhere. Since I was doing the shorts on elliptical I haven't been able to work on the speed. I suppose I could do intervals on there with "sprints"- but it's not the same.

Not to tell you how to train, but why are you doing so many miles in one week? Are you training for an ultra or 50 miler?

I'm doing the Goofy race (1/2 Sat & full Sun) the week before Tink. This week is my 1st back to back longer runs and a chance to play w/ eating and rest this so I can figure out early what works best for race weekend. Believe me, if I was only running Tink, my schedule wouldn't be that crazy. :goodvibes

I'm doing the Goofy race (1/2 Sat & full Sun) the week before Tink. This week is my 1st back to back longer runs and a chance to play w/ eating and rest this so I can figure out early what works best for race weekend. Believe me, if I was only running Tink, my schedule wouldn't be that crazy. :goodvibes

That's on my bucket list but oh my, I'm afraid of it!

I've done a full before but not a half the day before. I can't wait to hear all about it! One day....

I'm trying to talk myself into it for 2014. I'll be turning 40- 1st and only half! :)

How is everyone doing with their training?

I missed my weekend long run last weekend. It has been super windy here in Seattle so it has been hard to run. I also feel very unmotivated. Ugh. Hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow and I can try to make up my long run on Thursday.

I just got in from 5.5kms. My first run in about 2 weeks. My back is so bad right now that I don't even know how to tell you but relief is on the way. I go for my next set of injections on Monday then after a few days of recovery I'll be feeling much better! Can't wait! well....i'm nervous about the procedure, it hurts like something I can't say on a Disney board. :rolleyes1

Has everyone got their costumes ready? What are you wearing? I'm stressing about this more then I really should! I do have a tiara. And another one for the Princess half. Yes, I bought 2 tiaras! LOL!

Injections! Eek! But my fil does them for his back and says it helps sooooo much.

I did 4 today with the kids. Skipped official turkey trot (ie, I cheaped out!) and ran at the park. It was fun! Slow, lots of whining, but fun overall.

I'm leaning toward being Isabella in her campfire girl uniform. :)

Redemeed :dance3::dance3:

I did my 10K today in 1:21:48. Yeh for a mostly flat course. :cool1:

Now my question? When I signed up for Tinkerbell (the day registration opened) I put 3:30 for my expected time because I have never run before and didn't know how things worked.

Should I email this time to disney/take it to the expo? Will it make a difference in which corral I am in?

I figure this would translate to a 3:10 or so half time. Any thoughts :scratchin

Yes- submit it! Send by email but also take with you. It might be too late to get bib changed but they just opened some slots up so I'd guess you are ok to submit

I sent in a 1:19 for my first princess and got moved up in corrals. If you don't submit, you may be back in the last corral. With submission, I think you get moved up for sure!

Congrats!

Injections! Eek! But my fil does them for his back and says it helps sooooo much.

I did 4 today with the kids. Skipped official turkey trot (ie, I cheaped out!) and ran at the park. It was fun! Slow, lots of whining, but fun overall.

I'm leaning toward being Isabella in her campfire girl uniform. :)

Ya, it hurts at the time but its so worth it. People really do need to stop driving into me though.

Good for you for running with the kids. I did a 5km with the kids this summer and I had one whiner. It was my 15 year old too! LOL!

That costume sounds like it would be cute and no tulle to be itchy!

Redemeed :dance3::dance3:

I did my 10K today in 1:21:48. Yeh for a mostly flat course. :cool1:

Now my question? When I signed up for Tinkerbell (the day registration opened) I put 3:30 for my expected time because I have never run before and didn't know how things worked.

Should I email this time to disney/take it to the expo? Will it make a difference in which corral I am in?

I figure this would translate to a 3:10 or so half time. Any thoughts :scratchin

Congrats on the nice race time! Submit it for sure but make sure you take it with you to the expo as times were supposed to be submitted before now.

Okay time submitted by email and packed in my bag for tink expo. Yes I already have a bag started don't we all? :hyper:

DH did the 5K and walked it or kind of powerwalked it and today he is limping around and says his knee hurts. When I looked at the pictures I sure can tell how he hurt it. His feet look like they are at right angles to each other.

He works in retail and is on his feet 8 hours a day. AND we leave in 5 days for Disney. Looks like I am on my way to the store to get him a knee brace. He did not listen to the mantra "no injuries allowed in this house".

kindakrazy2 said:
Longhorns - do you know what happened to the Princess 1/2 thread? It looks locked....

I think they maxed out posts. There's a new one up!

Went out and ran my first 4 miles in 4 months and did a 11:12 min mile. So happy!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

Hello ladies! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and shopping if you did any!

I know it's early, but wanted to give everyone a heads up ~ I was at Target on Saturday and in those $1 bins near the front, they had 2packs of those disposable hand warmers. It was warm last year, but we're going off earlier both date and time so they might comne in handy!

Patty~ who's Isabella? Is she a fairy?

I'm going as Captain Hook ~ got the Hook Raw Threads shirt at the DL Expo and picked up a cheap hook at Halloween time. Now I just have to find a big feather to stick in my running hat and some cheap red tube socks for my arms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter