Tiny adult pools---whyyyyyy?

Satellite Falls is my favorite place on the Fantasy. If it's a particularly windy day, you'll get more than the occasional wave. We were in there one day and it was like a wave pool. Everyone was sloshing around and giggling and having a great time. For how shallow the water is, if the ship movement is right, the waves are pretty fun.

I do not understand the logic in making the 2 adult pools (Fantasy) so small. It's like people soup. Hardly any elbow room.
Hotel pools are larger!

I totally get the priority of having a huge and awesome kids pool and splash zone, it's Disney for heaven sake. But can't they make it a bit more accommodating for adults?

Crossing my fingers that the new ships will expand that area a bit.

Ironically, the adult pools on the classic ships (Magic and Wonder) are much, much larger than the ones on the Fantasy and Dream, which are much larger ships. You can actually swim in the ones on the Magic and Wonder. So, it isn't a matter of "it's a ship". It's a matter of Disney putting less priority on the adult pools on the newer ships.

We were on the Magic at the beginning of June and although it has a slightly bigger pool than the newer ships, on the sea days it was packed! We couldn't even get a seat around the pool area, this is the first time we have seen it so busy in 10 cruises. :confused3

Good lord-the pool was so crowded on our Fantasy cruise in May. And there were actually adults doing cannon balls in the deep end. :eek:

I was on that cruise too (May 18) and it was very crowded. Luckily I did not witness the cannonballs into the pool but heard the yelling from over near the hot tubs.

MJ

I was on that cruise too (May 18) and it was very crowded. Luckily I did not witness the cannonballs into the pool but heard the yelling from over near the hot tubs.

MJ

It was something. Never in 9 cruises have I ever seen anything like it on a DCL cruise. Not even close. Once that started, I made my way up to Satellite Falls. Not my cup of tea. To each their own. :smooth:

You need to travel on a cruise line with a slightly different core audience if you prefer larger adult pools.
Take a look at the pools on the RC lines:).

Done and done! We booked an owners suite on RC for our next cruise! Literally paid 1/3 for Concierge on RC vs what we paid for extended verandah, mid ship/high deck on DCL. Can't wait to check it out. We love DCL, but want to explore other ships too.

Done and done! We booked an owners suite on RC for our next cruise! Literally paid 1/3 for Concierge on RC vs what we paid for extended verandah, mid ship/high deck on DCL. Can't wait to check it out. We love DCL, but want to explore other ships too.

What ship?

It must depend on how many adults vs families are on a cruise because both times we were on the dream there was one or maybe two other couples in the adult pool tops, while the family pools were packed (and seemed smaller to begin with).

I was going to say the same thing. The last 3 cruises that I have been on, the adult pool hardly had anyone in it. And I hung out there most of the day. If you go during school breaks, the adult area is not busy. I hope in the new ships that they change things up a bit. On the Fantasy they have the Aqualab, but it is up one floor and behind the smoke stack so no one sees it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter