Tipping different for different catagories?

Tooth Fairy

DIS Veteran
Just read the post about the Disney suite tipping issue and am wondering should all catagory guests tip the same - shouldn't you tip more for a suite than a stateroom. Are the suggested amounts the same no matter the cat.? Just wondering!

The suggested amounts are the same for all cabin types.

That said, even though we almost always tip MORE than recommended, the two times we stayed in a Cat. 3 we did put in even more extra. Those cabins are big and do require extra work. But that was our own choice, DCL does not recommend any different tipping amounts based on the stateroom size. :)

Hmmmm, that is an interesting point! In theory, it would seem that the stateroom hosts who clean the suites would earn less money because they are cleaning less rooms (since it takes longer). I wonder if their base salary is any higher. Of course, we almost always give extra because we've gotten great service in just about every stateroom (my favorite was Ernesto...he did the BEST towel animals, and he really liked the tip we gave him the last night before we left for dinner, so he went back in our stateroom and created a little towel animal "menagerie."
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I would assume that the Cat 1,2,3 suites would receive a larger tip than the other categories, simply because of the size being 2,3,4,5, times larger. The extra bathrooms require extra care, etc. I would most certainly be inclined to tip comensurate with the service received for the space that I occupied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter