Tipping in Oceaneer's club

evedein

Mouseketeer
What is the policy for tipping the CMs in the kid's clubs?
Is it included in the tips that are automatically charged or are they extra. If extra, how much is expected per day & per child? If it is not a tipped position, can individual CMs accept tips from us?

Is it included in the tips that are automatically charged or are they extra. If extra, how much is expected per day & per child? If it is not a tipped position, can individual CMs accept tips from us?

They are non-tipped positions. People have reported that the folks who work in the clubs do appreciate current magazines if you have some to share.

If your child has a good experience with one of the youth counselors, make sure to mention this on your cruise survey or write a letter to guest services.

Looking to see if anyone has exceptions but my understanding is they cannot accept a tip. Think about it, either another parent could perceive that a club cast member favored a child over theirs because they received compensation; or there's that parent would actually would try to tip their way to extra attention for a child. The exceptions would be rare but the repercussions would be loud.

As I understand it (got interrupted before), I’d pressed multiple times they can take it, but it would go into a pool for a party or something for ALL the YCs.

The Youth Activities CMs cannot accept cash tips. If pressed (multiple offers), they might accept them, but they must be pooled to be used for a party for all YA personnel.

I've read where some other sorts of "tips" have been accepted (current magazines, candy, etc) to be shared by all. But you can't gift only one CM directly.

As I understand it (got interrupted before), I’d pressed multiple times they can take it, but it would go into a pool for a party or something for ALL the YCs.

That’s my understanding as well. We used to have a couple of Youth CMs who posted here regularly. They mentioned more than once about a “pool” for a CM party.

OP - the best way to show appreciation for a specific individual is to mention him/her by name on the final survey. I believe that goes in their personnel record and they get recognition in front of the team and sometimes awarded with extra port time or such.

Enjoy your cruise!

The Youth Activities CMs cannot accept cash tips. If pressed (multiple offers), they might accept them, but they must be pooled to be used for a party for all YA personnel.

The "standard" Disney rule is that the CM must refuse 3 times if offered a tip. After the third attempt, the CM will accept the tip to ensure they are not insulting a guest by declining, but the tip must then be turned in to management. Typically it is used for parties or treats for the department, but it can also be donated to Make a Wish or similar charities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter