Tipping on Dining Plan

jetstrip19

Mouseketeer
Now Im pretty sure I heard tip is included in the DDP, but I would feel silly leaving a restaurant and not leave a tip, how much do people generally tip, the full 20% or more or less, Im talking for general service for better service I would obviously give more. :figment: :ccat: :figment: :ccat:

The tip is included in the DDP, and I believe it's 18% but I could be wrong. We had a few meals on our last trip where the server was excellent, and we left more on the table. The meals that we didn't get good service, we didn't leave an additional tip.

When I'm on any type of a dining plan at Disney, I almost always leave a few extra bucks for a tip, since I know I would tip more than what is included on the plan.

When we were there on the DDP last Aug, it was only 15% gratuity included. We beefed that up for good service OOP. Unfortunately, we found the attitude of the servers changed considerably once they found out we were on DDP.

When we were on the Dining Plan in October the included tip was 15%.
We had consistently great service and we left an additional tip at every TS restaurant meal.
The included tip is now 18%. When we go next month, I will again tip additional for good service. If we were paying OOP we would normally tip 20% for good service, and I will even though I am on the Dining Plan

If you are planning to leave extra - make sure you have cash on hand.

You can not charge an extra tip unless you are already paying for something out of pocket.

We left extra for everymeal because we had great service throughout the trip. We also paid OOP for some stuff too and have to remember to tip accordingly since the tip is not included on that bill.

Just found this board as I started thinking about the DDP for our upcoming trip - we've never used the dining plan before. However, during previous trips we have used Q&C vouchers where the tip was also included. We always had great service and always left extra tip$ in ca$h depending on the person. The extra tips were always greatly appreciated and we were always thanked. A few times it was even mentioned that the tip was included (I guess in case we didn't know). It's nice to make someone's day a little brighter!!

We would be happy to tip extra for good service and pleasant servers!!

When we had the free dining in August, we left enough to make the tip 20-25% each time we had good service. We found the service was better once we said we were on the DP. The waiters get tipped on how much you spend, so they were very helpful in suggestions.

Leota said:
When we were there on the DDP last Aug, it was only 15% gratuity included. We beefed that up for good service OOP. Unfortunately, we found the attitude of the servers changed considerably once they found out we were on DDP.

Totally agree.
The best service we got was at Ohana's, and it was the ONLY place I didn't tell the server as soon as we sat that we were on the dining plan. Little did those rude servers know that we were leaving a considerable extra tip for those deserving. Oh well, their loss.

I almost always ordered a drink, so it was easy for me to leave an extra tip. We usually tip 20% and only once did we not tip extra. That was when the waiter added an automatic 18% on the kids meal and drinks that we were paying out of pocket. Fine. That was the only tip he got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter