• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping on Free Dining Plan?& Sharing an Entree?

Rosered

Mouseketeer
Sorry if these are silly questions but this is the first time we will be on the dining plan. Should we leave a tip for our server at the TS restaurants?

Also, for those of you who have shared a meal in order to use only one TS point instead of two, how do you go about doing this? Do you let your server know when you order that you will be sharing one meal and do they bring out an extra empty plate for you or do you share the actual plate or do they divide the portions for you and bring the meal out on two plates?

I was thinking of sharing some meals with Dh or DD so that we won't be overstuffed and can enjoy dessert afterwards. We usually skip appetizers and desserts but there are too many delicious disney desserts I want to try. :teeth:

No the tip is included but I read if the service was exceptional you could leave more. You can share a entree but if you order your own appitizers it will count as 2 credits.

I've wondered about sharing also...not to start a debate...it just seems like a lot of food. Thanks for the information!

I wondered since we may let my son take a friend in September. We thought about getting an extra room with the AP discount closer to the date. Since he will not be on the dining plan, but my son is I would hate for him (his parents) or us to have to spend that much on food for him. My son is on the adult plan (12) and last year never ate all of his food on this plan. I don't want to add a friend now since it is so far away. I thought maybe he could just order something small and they could share an appetizer or dessert or all of it. Any thoughts on this?

Remember: It is appropriate to significantly increase the tip when you're splitting a meal. It's the same amount of work as two full meals, but of course the menu price is for just one meal.

Cupmom said:
No the tip is included but I read if the service was exceptional you could leave more. You can share a entree but if you order your own appitizers it will count as 2 credits.
this is not true. you can order anything elswe and pay oop for it. also i added extra tip when we shared meals because the waiter is doing extra work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter