Tips Ahoy - Here Are My Favorite Suggestions

Before going to WDW stop by your favorite office supply store and purchase a Sharpie CLick marker. They are much better than trying to fumble around with a pin or a marker with a cap. One other thing to pack is a power strip. Cant ever seem to find enough plug ins in a WDW Resort hotel. With all the cell phone , camara and other chargers it gets kinda messy around the plugs
:banana:

I buy rain coats/ponchos at the Dollar Store before we go. Much cheaper than the parks. They come very compact and are easily tucked into a backpack pocket.

Great idea with the hand soap and click sharpies!! :)

As for breakfast in the rooms, skip the styrofoam bowls and just eat out of the box. That was always such a novelty when I was in girl scouts as a child - and my kids thought it was super cool on our last disney trip! There are scored lines in the shape of a capital I on the outside of the mini kellogg's boxes that you can easily cut open, then cut the bag (if it didn't cut with the box) and pour the milk. The inner bag is wax lined to prevent leaks. So easy and fun, too!

Thanks for the tips. I agree about the cargo shorts, but I have trouble finding them for women. Any suggestions on stores or brands? Thanks again. Marlyne

Thanks for the tips. I agree about the cargo shorts, but I have trouble finding them for women. Any suggestions on stores or brands? Thanks again. Marlyne

My favorite cargo shorts come from the Gap. I also see them in the L.L. Bean catalog but have not actually ordered them. Good luck!

Also in Innovation East or West? my memory fails, you get to play a game where you build and race a robot... afterwards you enter an area and actually build a plastic robot and you get to bring it with you (and it's free)... it's a cool little souvenirs for the little ones.

Robot? How cool is that:cool1:
My oldest boys (9 and 7) will LOVE that. I'm looking it up right now:banana:

Robot? How cool is that:cool1:
My oldest boys (9 and 7) will LOVE that. I'm looking it up right now:banana:

The robots are just in little plastic, you have to attach the arms, legs, head to the body... but the interactive game before is really cool... you are in front of a computer and you build this robot, when you're done, you get to race this robot down a course... you are on a special mat and you make him run, jump etc. on the course, it's loads of fun!

I would love to know how much it was to have your girls' hair styled at the Harmony barber shop. We were considering the BBB, but I just can't see spending $70 for both my girls to get their hair styled. They would love to have it styled and have some glitter put in it, but I want a reasonable price :) Please let me know. Thanks! Also, do you know the best time to go?

I would love to know how much it was to have your girls' hair styled at the Harmony barber shop. We were considering the BBB, but I just can't see spending $70 for both my girls to get their hair styled. They would love to have it styled and have some glitter put in it, but I want a reasonable price :) Please let me know. Thanks! Also, do you know the best time to go?

We went to the Harmony Barber shop first thing in the morning when we arrived. We already had about a 50 minute wait. It was great! For $10.00 she was sparkled, temporary color and put up ( with a clip). I was fun and inexpensive. :love: We loved it!

Thanks! Can you put your name in and then go walk around, or do you have to stay there? It sounds fun and much less expensive than BBB!

I would like to know this too, 50 minutes is a long
time to wait when you could be doing other things:goodvibes

Is there a better time to go ? How bad would it be to
go the morning of EMH ? Maybe everybody else would be
riding rides :idea: Or would they even be open :confused3

My mistake was getting to MK at about 10:00. We slept in. I think if you are there later in the day or first thing, it wouldnt be bad. We may have been there at just a busy time. ONe CM was on break. My DH and DD went and stood in line for autographs and listened outside to the Barbershop guys and I waited in line. It was her turn before you knew it. Just as we were leaving, a second Barber Shop CM started as well.

I don't know if you can make reservations or leave your name. You probably could but we just decided on the spur of the moment to do it. Watch out adults, they make sure they "accidentally" glitter yours as well if you are close enough;) .

I would like to know this too, 50 minutes is a long
time to wait when you could be doing other things:goodvibes

Is there a better time to go ? How bad would it be to
go the morning of EMH ? Maybe everybody else would be
riding rides :idea: Or would they even be open :confused3

I don't think they'd be open during EMH. Generally only certain attractions are available and IIRC the shops, etc weren't open yet unless it was part of a ride that was open.

Tell me more about Harmony barbershop

We got there shortly after it opened at 9 a.m. and had to wait only about 10 minutes. There were two customers ahead of us and two stylists on duty. I asked about the waiting time because there was a large family in the shop, but it turned out only two of the children were actually getting their hair done. The stylists do not take appointments, unfortunately. But the lady was so nice to us! And so relaxed! I would suggest going early or perhaps when a parade is taking place. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter