Tips and tricks of carrying alcohol on dcl

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenis

Mouseketeer
So I understand the new carry-on alcohol rules and restrictions (6bottles of beer per person or 2champagne/wine bottles),but can I carry on alcohol from each port of call as well? And what do you use to carry this alcohol while outside of your stateroom?

So I understand the new carry-on alcohol rules and restrictions (6bottles of beer per person or 2champagne/wine bottles),but can I carry on alcohol from each port of call as well? And what do you use to carry this alcohol while outside of your stateroom?

Yes, you are allowed to purchase alcohol at the ports. If you're buying wine or beer you make carry-on six bottles of beer or two bottles of wine, just like at the homeport. If you're buying liquor in a port, you'll need to check it in when you arrive back in the ship and it will be returned to you at the end of the cruise.

Beer/wine carried on is supposed to be consumed in your stateroom only. If you are asking how to carry it onto the ship on embarkation day, I usually have a roller bag I put my wine and non-alcoholic beverages in so it's easier to keep with me until the staterooms are ready at 1:30.

ok so the rule is 6 bottles of beer or 2 bottles of 750ml bottles of wine/champs per person, per port over the age of 21.
An example: you bring on one 6 pack of beer and your (DWorDH) brings on 2 bottles of wine (750ml or less) on embarkation day - all good. You stop in Nassau (or any other port) and you go off the ship and you bring on another 6 pack of beer and (DW/DH) brings on 2 more bottles of wine or champs (750ml or less) perfectly fine and they will not confiscate.

If you bring on more than you are allowed (3 bottles of wine and 2, 6 packs beer), or you bring on hard liquor (Vodka/Rum/Scotch ect.. ) they will confiscate and Hold the over allowed amount, or not allowed liquor, till the end of your cruise.

So each adult (21+) at any port can either bring on a 6 pack of beer OR 2 Bottles of wine/champs (750 mil max).

***Be sure to each carry you own allotment in separate bags too, I have heard sometimes even if they see 2 adults it is the one bag thing that gets it held.

Not allowed to drink it outside of your Stateroom, unless you take only wine to dinner and pay the corking fee.
Hope this helps

If I choose to bring on a bottle of my own wine to use in the dining room, what happens if we don't consume it all on the first night? For instance, if I bring a bottle and my mom and I each have 1 glass at dinner, will they keep it for me for night two and serve the rest to us? Or do we have to finish it on the night it's corked? Or can I bring it back to my room?

If I can use it over multiple nights, do we pay another corking fee on the next night for the same bottle? What's the corking fee again, is it $20 or $25?

If I choose to bring on a bottle of my own wine to use in the dining room, what happens if we don't consume it all on the first night? For instance, if I bring a bottle and my mom and I each have 1 glass at dinner, will they keep it for me for night two and serve the rest to us? Or do we have to finish it on the night it's corked? Or can I bring it back to my room?

If I can use it over multiple nights, do we pay another corking fee on the next night for the same bottle? What's the corking fee again, is it $20 or $25?

You only pay the corkage fee once. And I believe it is currently $25. If you bring the bottle to dinner and don't finish it, the servers are happy to store the bottle for you and serve it the next night, or you can take it back with you to the room. If you take it back to the room with you, you can bring it back to the dining room the next night without having to pay the corkage fee again.

Disney will cork and hold all bottles of unfinished wine for you and transfer them to the next dining room for you (or the one beyond that, or even to and from Palo and Remy). You only pay the fee once for each bottle. Some servers will waive the second corkage fee if you bring multiple bottles, though I have NEVER asked them to do it. Nor would I ask them to do it.

I brought two bottles of wine and consumed over 6 nights. I am the only one who drinks. I booked Palo dinner for one night and didn't bring any wine of my own. I was charged the corkage fee of $25 twice. I just left my unfinished bottle with the dining servers who would then brought it to the table the following nights until it's done.

There is no mixing and matching in terms of bringing alcohol onboard right? DH and I are predominately beer drinkers but we do enjoy champagne and given that our next cruise is over NYE I'd like to bring one bottle to celebrate. So if he brought 6 beers and I brought one bottle of champagne, I couldn't bring 3 beers could I? It would have to be another bottle of wine/champagne or nothing additional, correct? Just want to make sure I have the policy down right as our last cruise was 2014!

There is no mixing and matching in terms of bringing alcohol onboard right? DH and I are predominately beer drinkers but we do enjoy champagne and given that our next cruise is over NYE I'd like to bring one bottle to celebrate. So if he brought 6 beers and I brought one bottle of champagne, I couldn't bring 3 beers could I? It would have to be another bottle of wine/champagne or nothing additional, correct? Just want to make sure I have the policy down right as our last cruise was 2014!
No, each person is allowed 2 bottles of wine/champagne OR 6 beers. Can't bring a little of each.

But you could bring on additional beers from a subsequent port.

What about ciders? Can we bring 6 cider, sames size as beer instead of beer? We will be in FL, so not flying in, can we just putnin our carry on to prevent breakage?
Thanks

What about ciders? Can we bring 6 cider, sames size as beer instead of beer? We will be in FL, so not flying in, can we just putnin our carry on to prevent breakage?
Thanks

You're always supposed to put it in your carry on. If it's real cider it won't be allowed if they look at the bottles since the rules specify beer and don't make an exception for cider, but if it's in bottles that look like beer chances are they won't say anything anyway since the people doing security at PC couldn't really care less. Now if it's "cider" that's really a malt beverage, which isn't uncommon, then it will be allowed if they bother to look at it because "malt beverages" are technically beer.

It should also probably be said (even if it sounds redundant) that airlines do not take kindly to alcohol in carry ons :rotfl2:if you are flying in, just check with the alcohol limits in your checked luggage. All it really means is you need to transfer your alcohol from your checked luggage into your carry on once at your arrived destination airport (okay maybe not directly at the airport but definitely before giving them to Disney.) I'm honestly not even sure what people who do the same day auto luggage transfers do if they have alcohol this way.. :confused3 Traveling with alcohol has become complicated.

There is no mixing and matching in terms of bringing alcohol onboard right?

I'm having DH bring the beer and I'll be bringing two bottles of wine. Anything else we want, if any, we will just pony up the dough for.

What is the check-in process for ports? Do they mark your bag or your stateroom key in some way so they know you've already brought your allotted amount for the stop? I'm specifically thinking for the tourist stops, not the initial departure.

What is the check-in process for ports? Do they mark your bag or your stateroom key in some way so they know you've already brought your allotted amount for the stop? I'm specifically thinking for the tourist stops, not the initial departure.
When you re-board the ship, there's a table set up for you to turn in any purchased alcohol (hard liquor). You are allowed to bring onboard (to keep in your room) the same allotment as you are for embarkation day - 2 bottles of wine/champagne OR 6 beers per person 21 and older.

When you come back on, you go through a scanner (like the airport ones) as do your carry on bags. If they can see bottles in the bags on the scanner they will have you open the bag to show that it's either an OK beverage or one that needs to be checked into the alcohol storage till the end of the cruise.

I think I get what you'e asking - how do they prevent people from bringing on their 2 or 6 bottles at a port, depositing it in their stateroom, and going back out to get more.

If that is the case, I don't know. I know in Barcelona embarkation there is a store with wine (not sure about beer because, gluten) that was after the check-point but before boarding - at least in the terminal RCCL used. And I know that they did not check after the initial check-point and they did not stop you from going back into the terminal and getting more. I don't know if DCL is more strict there OR if at ports they make a record of what you have brought on.

I don't know if anyone else knows...but I know we're not supposed to discuss ways to get around the rules on here.

That's exactly what I was wondering! It just seemed like one of those things that people would easily exploit, and the policy is already so very generous. It has been a long time since I've been on a cruise- I have so many questions about the procedures in general. Travelling solo makes me a little over-planner-ish.

Recently cruised in April, I had bought some liquor in the Caymans that I was expecting them to take when I walked back on, but there didn't say a word and I brought it to my room, other party traveling with me did the same and got through without being stopped too.

Recently cruised in April, I had bought some liquor in the Caymans that I was expecting them to take when I walked back on, but there didn't say a word and I brought it to my room, other party traveling with me did the same and got through without being stopped too.
The last couple of times going through security at PC I had bottles of wine that could have easily been rum and they did not ask to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter