Tips and tricks of carrying alcohol on dcl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently cruised in April, I had bought some liquor in the Caymans that I was expecting them to take when I walked back on, but there didn't say a word and I brought it to my room, other party traveling with me did the same and got through without being stopped too.

This has happened to me twice in Falmouth.

In February they took the alcohol when I got back on at the port and gave it back when we arrived in PC. They did take our stateroom info, so they were able to track that way.

Not taking a stance either way, but providing the information you asked for.

When you are at a port, and coming back onto the ship, they scan your Room Key card (KTTW card). At that time it pops up a digital picture of you on their screen, as well as some account information. Then they look at your bags, scan them, and decide what alcohol you are allowed to take back to your room. I don't know for a fact if they note in your account the amount of alcohol you brought back to your room at that time, but they certainly could, and maybe they do. I just wanted to let you know that it isn't like they'd have to remember you.

Not taking a stance either way, but providing the information you asked for.
When you are at a port, and coming back onto the ship, they scan your Room Key card (KTTW card). At that time it pops up a digital picture of you on their screen, as well as some account information. Then they look at your bags, scan them, and decide what alcohol you are allowed to take back to your room. I don't know for a fact if they note in your account the amount of alcohol you brought back to your room at that time, but they certainly could, and maybe they do. I just wanted to let you know that it isn't like they'd have to remember you.

Thank you! This makes me feel a lot better!

@CamColt locked the other thread on DCL's alcohol policy due to posts about how to circumvent the rules; now this one has been resurrected from 2016 and I had to remove two more posts on how to get around their rules... please don't do this. The DIS does not endorse it so we can't allow blatant conversations regarding it please! I'm going to lock this one now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter