Tips and tricks please.

Wcpedorc

Mouseketeer
We are 1 month out! We will be in DL from 1/15-1/21. We are celebrating my brothers birthday by running the Star Wars races. We will have 7 people, Me, my wife and ds(3), my sister, her husband, my brother and mother who both have birthdays while we are there. I know it is a busy weekend we have 5 day hoppers, reservations for blue bayou, a character meal and the BBQ. My wife and I visit WDW 2 times a year, as do my sister and her husband, we really know wdw. We usually make a trip in August and are guessing we will see similar crowds mlk weekend. My brother and mom wanted to do club 33, but I discovered that's not a reservation that we can make. This will very likely be our only Dl trip, as flying is out of our price range. Please give me any tips that might help, thanks.

Are you staying on or offsite? You will want to use the magic morning on your ticket at the very least. Make sure to look up ride closures so you know what to expect

Come join us in the January DISer thread! Lots of great info there...

'*********OFFICIAL January 2015 Thread - COME CHECK IN!!! ***************':

During your trip, be mindful of the ride refurbishments, which are usually quite plentiful at this time of the year, especially since they are trying to get the park in tip top shape for the 60th anniversary. It helps to know them before you go, so you can avoid potential disappointment later on. Touring plans lists them here...

http://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/closures#

The good thing is, January is the super slow crowdwise, so most of the attractions will have pretty minimal lines. But you are right about MLK weekend being crowded. On Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, crowds are 7s and 8s out of ten, but for the rest of your trip, they are only 2s and 3s (according to touring plans).

Also, always arrive early, take mid-day hotel breaks, and return for the evening to close the park down. Take advantage of FP and Single rider to minimize waits times, and do not be scared of splitting your group up sometimes. It can get frustrating if you are always fsquabbling on what to do next! Since you have lots of time, just take it slowly and enjoy the place instead of rushing around trying to ride every ride.

Have fun!

We are offsite at best western park place, which I believe is right across the street. As wdw travelers we have always done midday breaks. It works for us. We are bummed about a couple of closures, but have definitely planned accordingly. I'm not excited at all about crowds on the weekend, but will be looking forward to the lower crowd level days.

The good thing is, January is the super slow crowdwise, so most of the attractions will have pretty minimal lines. But you are right about MLK weekend being crowded. On Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, crowds are 7s and 8s out of ten, but for the rest of your trip, they are only 2s and 3s (according to touring plans).

Based on past Tinkerbell marathon weekends and last month's inaugural Avengers marathon weekend, I'd bump all those crowd numbers up by 1-2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter