Tips - cash or credit card?

SnapesGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I rarely bring cash with me and normally pay for meals with gift cards or credit cards. I'm wondering if I should bring cash for tips at the restaurants or bars instead? I was speaking with a server here (in Canada) who mentioned she prefers cash tips or else they get taxed on them if we use a card so I'm not sure if its the same in Florida.

Yeah - people tend to prefer cash for tips no doubt, but I tend to tip on the CC as its easier to keep track.
Im pretty sure universal assumes some percentage of your sales to tips so its less of an issue - and of course you are meant to declare 100% of your tips

regardless you do want to bring some cash to have on hand for various tips that do come up unrelated to dinning

Hi everyone! I rarely bring cash with me and normally pay for meals with gift cards or credit cards. I'm wondering if I should bring cash for tips at the restaurants or bars instead? I was speaking with a server here (in Canada) who mentioned she prefers cash tips or else they get taxed on them if we use a card so I'm not sure if its the same in Florida.
This is a great question! Following...

Thanks everyone! I think I'll bring some cash for tips at the bars and then just use my CC for restaurants.

If using my CC for tip, I tip a little more as I know the CC fees are not kind (especially American Express).

This may have changed, but when we were there back in October we tried to leave a cash tip on the table at the Leaky Cauldron and our waitress told us to take it because she wasn’t allowed to accept tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter