Tips for capturing "the first look" on film?

AliceNDinah

DIS Veteran
Hi mom's and dads, I'm talking to you!
I am wondering how to go about taking a picture of my little boy seeing the Castle for the first time. Meaning as we come through the tunnel and then head onto Main Street. Does anyone have any good tips for capturing that first glimpse??? Specifically, do I run ahead and wait for my husband and son to join me on Main Street? I'd love to see their faces full on, and not from the side. I don't mean to sound like a lunatic, but I really would love to get that first look on film, if you're with me. I'd also love to hear any stories or tips or anything helpful. They've never been to the Magic Kingdom and I just cannot wait! 38 days and counting......thanks to anyone who ventures in here!

Yeah, I hear you there, for sure. So torn, since I love taking pictures and all, but also do like to be in the moment as well....thank you for your help, very kind!

a difficult choice, a photo or the live reaction of the moment. Both are breathtaking. Enjoy!

Oh thank you for the replies!! I know, it's a tough one ;---) Such a "problem" to have, right? I know I'll take so many pictures in front of the Castle and all too. We'll see how it goes, I'm fine with anything---I just can't WAIT to be there again!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter