• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for eating healthy and beginning workouts

I disagree with those who say just make little changes. Little changes typically lead to little in the way of results and discouragement when the individual doesn't see changes to their physique.
I'm not necessarily saying you need to live the life of a bodybuilder or fitness athlete, but I'd do feel that the results from changing your lifestyle in a big way give people the encouragement they need to succeed.

In most instances long term success comes to those who go all in. The little changes typically lead to yo yo dieting and sometimes gaining more body fat in the long term than what someone had to begin with.
And I'll have to disagree with you. I have experienced and have witnessed over the years people going all in and creating a deprivation/binge cycle. They can't keep up and quit over and over again. If you work on making something a habit you're more likely to stick to it. Striking a balance is what people need. I'm living proof of that and so are most people who lose and keep the weight off. You don't gain 20lbs in a week, you're certainly not going to lose it that fast even going all in. People want instant results and it just doesn't work that way but if they can claim small victories hopefully they'll want to claim more.

As a PP mentioned not everything works for every person and for some going all out might be what they need but from watching SO many people of the years and asking me what "my secret" is I just can't bring myself to advise anyone to do something I'm not willing to do. There is middle ground IMO.

Take it day by day. If you can have a day where you feel like you did at least one healthy thing, then be glad for it. If it's a bad day, forget it and have a good day the next. Also, I found the book "Always Hungry?" to be helpful.

Mentally you need to be ready to lose weight. I eat very clean. I meditate every morning, run about 60 miles a week, do yoga. There are a few things you can do to prevent yourself from indulging on something very unhealthy while dieting. A few were mentioned here like brushing teeth. Try clenching your fists if you get an urge to indulge. They call this embodied cognition.

Look into the Paleo lifestyle. No grains, dairy, sugar (except honey and pure maple syrup), legumes, soy, artificial chemical garbage like sweeteners/colors/flavors, just pure real food. You eat until you're satisfied, don't have to count calories, and eat lots of vegetables and healthy fats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter