• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for getting currently booked up activities?

Ohmymonty

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I have seen a few posts suggesting that some additional activity time slots may be opened up on embarkation day. Has anyone had any luck snagging a time slot for an activity that was previously showing sold out when they arrive on the ship?

Specifically, I'm trying to snag a Remy brunch, time on the golf simulator, and possibly some of the mixology/alcohol tastings.

We booked this cruise on the Fantasy 40 days out so most of the activities were already booked by the time we had the option to look. I check a couple times a day to see if anything has opened up and was able to snag a wine tasting that way.

We did use a travel agent for our booking (Small World Vacations). Does a travel agent have better access than we as passengers do? Are there waiting lists I can get put on at guest services when we board? Or is it a "snag the earliest embarkation time you can and hop on the wifi to check?" kind of situation?

Anyways, any tips appreciated!

We are having the same problem. We booked only 16 days out for the April 2 Fantasy sailing. We knew everything would be booked. But I keep trying a couple times a day. We did get an excursion yesterday that someone must have canceled. Super happy because it was on the top of my list. And I got a Palo dinner today that works for us. But still no tastings or brunches. We did a cruise on the Dream in the fall that we booked 8 days out. We were able to book Palo and a tasting onboard through the ap on day 1. I think we will do fine. Good luck!

Hello!

I have seen a few posts suggesting that some additional activity time slots may be opened up on embarkation day. Has anyone had any luck snagging a time slot for an activity that was previously showing sold out when they arrive on the ship?

Specifically, I'm trying to snag a Remy brunch, time on the golf simulator, and possibly some of the mixology/alcohol tastings.

We booked this cruise on the Fantasy 40 days out so most of the activities were already booked by the time we had the option to look. I check a couple times a day to see if anything has opened up and was able to snag a wine tasting that way.

We did use a travel agent for our booking (Small World Vacations). Does a travel agent have better access than we as passengers do? Are there waiting lists I can get put on at guest services when we board? Or is it a "snag the earliest embarkation time you can and hop on the wifi to check?" kind of situation?

Anyways, any tips appreciated!

This may have changed, but the golf simulator was booked solid on the app, but once on board, just go to the simulator and talk with the CM running it. I was surprised at how many spots he had open and was easily able to grab one just by talking to him.

Remy brunch on the Fantasy has been cancelled for some time now due to staffing issues—so no guarantees that one will become available. Tastings are usually wide open on board.

Travel agents have no special access. Only concierge does.

Go to the adult area right as you embark. On my previous sailings on the Fantasy there were Cast Members booking tastings. In my experience they hold some back for on-board bookings.

As soon as you can connect to the ships Wi-Fi chat with guest services to get booked into any tastings you would like z

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter