Tips for making the most of the Deluxe Magic Plan?

honeymo78

Don't dream it, be it
I've been on this plan almost every time I've gone before but I'm always looking for ways to max out the value. I never seem to find many people who have used this plan.

Steph

Why not skip the Deluxe Magic and reserve just a room and get meals and souvenirs and horseback riding and hopper passes a la carte?

All packages are priced in such a way that most combinations of flex features (wishes) would have cost less purchased separately without a package.

You have to indulge in a lot of meals to get your money's worth, and this has the great danger of gaining unwanted weight. Or if someone gets ill and has to skip meals, finding other flex features that add up to your money's worth is more difficult.

The more time you spend on lengthy flex features away from the parks, such as golf, the less mileage you get out of the unlimited magic pass that comes with every package.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

steph~ seems like the best way to get the most out of the Discovery Magic pkg, is to plan ahead!!! Have lots of NICE sit down meals( Cindys Royal Table/Le Cellier/Tepanyaki are our favs!) and also, take advantage of the spa services! I think you can use those as choices as well!!! Do things you normally wouldn't do for yourself (spa/splurge on big meal). Read up and see exactly what you can and can not use the choices for! Plan ahead and try to use this trip to the parks for food and rest (spa) and then park time!!! :)

Let us know how you fare, I don't see many people choosing this pkg, but I think if you try hard, it does make it worth the extra cost! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I didn't realize your next trip was honeymoon! So, you will need all the pampering you can get in the spa! LOL! Also, make sure you tell everyone you are honeymooners! Lots of times CM's will go out of the way to do special things for honeymooners!!!

I've always enjoyed the luxury of not having to carry money or worry about how much dinner or recreation will cost - it's nice to pay up front and then not worry later. I'll definitely try the spa treatments. It also includes some of those behind the scenes tours. I wonder how good they are.

steph~ We are scheduled for the Keys to the Kingdom tour in May, also I haveheard great reviews about the AKL backstage tour! I am sure they are all great!!!! :)

Have you been to www.wdwig.com
Deb has a great site that explains all the tours in depth! I want to say they also have a trip report there that tells what one person did on the dicovery magic plan to make the most of it! I could be wrong with that though! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter