Tips for not getting sick on Guardians!

So does Guardians actually spin, or does it just whip you around like Toy Story Mania? I cannot do things that actually spin in circles, but I can be turn from side to side with no issues.

I've ridden Guardians once. Spent most of the time trying to tell myself that I'm not going to get sick.
Quite nauseous. I thought about getting Bonine from the drug store to take with me. Anyone tried this and did it help?
Any thing else I can do? I couldn't enjoy the ride from the sick feeling, where my DH got off super pumped saying how much he loved it! I want to love it too!! LOL
My husband gets motion sickness and takes Dramamine at Disney and it works with most rides but he still felt a little queasy after riding Guardians. He doesn't think he'll ride it again which is a bummer because I absolutely love it! Luckily my daughter inherited my stomach and is my ride buddy LOL

I was a "one and done" on Guardians. I had to see what it was like, and while it was incredibly awesome, it was something I could not do again. So, my children and my husband can enjoy every minute!

Those of you who said it was a one and done....did you actually physically get sick or did it make you feel sick?

I was a little nervous about riding. I do take Bonine on HS and AK (FOP) days so I'm sure this helped a little. The backwards take off did not bother me at all. I can honestly say that I laughed and screamed the lyrics to the song the whole ride lol. I also had my hands up the whole time which I feel helped (for whatever reason). The only time I got a little eh was going around the moon. I had to shut my eyes. I think it helped that I was in the middle part of the ride and was able to see the track if needed. I would ride again. Ratatouille is a completely different story. That was a one and done for me.

Those of you who said it was a one and done....did you actually physically get sick or did it make you feel sick?
I just did it yesterday and felt pretty sick afterwards, but I tend to be prone to motion sickness and I'm not really a fan of roller coasters to begin with to be honest. I didn't actually throw up though, but I was pretty miserable for the rest of the day. Fortunately it was relatively later in the day, though unfortunately I had Biergarten dinner right afterwards. Unlimited meat buffet not so appetitzing when you're feeling nauseated, lol.

It is a very cool ride though, everyone else loved it and I can see why. They are all going to go on it again tomorrow, but I will pass. My wife says she feels like she's actually flying through space.

I really want to ride it when we go next month, but I am so scared. I'm also one of those people that I never know how a ride is going to affect me and I do fine on some and others, no. So for example, at Disney, I can do everything except Tower of Terror (I'm fine, but super woozy after), Rock N Roller Coaster (I can't go upside down any longer) and Mission Space. I haven't tried Tron yet because it wasn't open last time I went but I don't think I'll have trouble from what I can see. I can ride EE, but it's a once a day kind of deal. The backwards part gets me a bit, but I tend to recovery quickly from it. I can do Millenium Falcon, but I sit in the back and don't look at the screen. I can do FOP but I have to close my eyes or look away anytime we dive down. All of the other coasters I can do with no issue. I do have to use Bonine to ride the things I can, but I'm fine on everything else.

At Universal, I can do Hagrids and suprisingly the backwards part doesn't bother me at all. I actually rode it three times in one day with no issue (I am thinking it is because the backwards part is outside so it's easier with the better breeze maybe). I don't do Hulk or Velocicoaster since they go upside down. The sickest I ever got at Unviersal, no lie, was on Men in Black. We spun so many times at the end that I had to literally lay in the middle of the sidewalk for an hour. I don't do Jimmy Fallon or Simpsons. I can do both Harry Potter rides, but on Forbidden Journey, I had to close my eyes on some of the screen parts. Same with spiderman and transformers...just a few of the screen parts get me.

So all of that drivel to say that I can do roller coasters usually and some screen things. I can twist from side to side like on Gringotts in Universal or Toy Story Mania. What I cannot do is physically spin in a circle multiple times. I really just wish there was a good view of Guardians but since it is so dark, no video really shows what the ride actually does!

My husband gets motion sickness and takes Dramamine at Disney and it works with most rides but he still felt a little queasy after riding Guardians. He doesn't think he'll ride it again which is a bummer because I absolutely love it! Luckily my daughter inherited my stomach and is my ride buddy LOL
I have not gotten sick on any other rides, but was concerned about the Omni motion of Guardians. So, I took Dramamine before going on. It didn't work and I felt very sick.
I didn't actually throw up, but felt like I could at any time.
To me, a spin is all the way around multiple times. If it just turns you from side to side, I'm good with that!
This is a video from Disney showing a little part of the track when they put it together outside to test it.
It's pretty representative of what happens during the entire ride.
I was a little nervous about riding. I do take Bonine on HS and AK (FOP) days so I'm sure this helped a little. The backwards take off did not bother me at all. I can honestly say that I laughed and screamed the lyrics to the song the whole ride lol. I also had my hands up the whole time which I feel helped (for whatever reason). The only time I got a little eh was going around the moon. I had to shut my eyes. I think it helped that I was in the middle part of the ride and was able to see the track if needed. I would ride again. Ratatouille is a completely different story. That was a one and done for me.
The moon spiral is pretty intense. I found it really hard to find the track because of how dark it is and that your vehicle is often facing a different direction than the track.

The action in Ratatouille is pretty convincing, but most of it actually takes place on the screen while you are parked in front of it. Most of the actual motion is a couple of points where you are backing up and when you are traveling from one screen to another.

Would you say that's the actual speed of the turning/spinning? The only thing I can't really handle is rapid spinning in a circle. So, if this is representative of the actual speed, I think I'll be OK on this ride.
I've read the top speed is around 50 miles an hour, so I don't this video is necessarily that fast.
Some of the turns feel pretty fast and go one direction then almost right back the other way. It's very dark, so hard to tell

Would you say that's the actual speed of the turning/spinning? The only thing I can't really handle is rapid spinning in a circle. So, if this is representative of the actual speed, I think I'll be OK on this ride.
I don’t think the seats rotate that quickly, however the seats rotating in conjunction with the track curving at the same time probably makes your body physically turn in space a bit faster, or at least makes it feel that way.

It was a two & done for me. Thought it was pretty rough the first time but really wanted to like it. Rode it again on the subsequent trip (several months later) and decided that was enough. I enjoy the GOTG movies, but I'll let the rest of my fam experience the attraction. I shall seek an enjoyable beverage while they ride.

It’s not that fast, like not on a teacups level. I could be mistaken (it’s dark!) but IIRC there are two significant rotations: at the very beginning of the ride, when it turns 180 degrees after launch to set you forward, and then in the middle there’s a point where it does a 360 degree rotation. The rest Id describe as more tilting in one direction or the other, usually inward with the turn (including corkscrews). That test video is useful because it shows how it can tilt inward when going into a turn.

I am in the "one and done" category. Although as I age I'm getting more sensitive to motion sickness, on our last trip (Sept. '23) I didn't have problems with rides as Ratatouille, Space Mountain, Tron, Everest, etc. On Guardians, though, I got very nauseous and after about 30 minutes threw up my lunch (my apologies, Disney bushes near the attraction).
This was near closing time, and I have always wondered if other guests thought I had "one too many" in the Wine and food festival :-) (and no, as I don't drink).

Having said (and done) that, I agree that is a very well done ride.

Last edited:
To me, a spin is all the way around multiple times. If it just turns you from side to side, I'm good with that!
so here's the thing. Spinning in tight circles is the only thing that's ever bothered me on rides. Teacups? Forget it I can't even watch them without getting queasy. But never had a problem on Mission Space, any screen/simulation ride or roller coaster.

Guardians doesn't do what I'd call "spinning". You're not pulling crazy G's or going upside down. BUT you are moving pretty fast and it turns you so you're not facing the way you're moving. That's what gets to some people on this one. To my surprise, this made me VERY sick the first time I rode it. Got physically sick not long after I got off :crazy2:

Second time I rode (the next day) wasn't as bad but felt pretty queasy afterward. Everyone is different though, some people who get sick on everything are fine on Guardians.

When we went back in September I had the scopolamine patches and they worked great. I was rock solid on the ride, 0 problems whatsoever. I was so happy I could enjoy this awesome ride without worry. But again everyone is different, some people say the patches don't work at all for them 🤷‍♂️

I'd say give it a shot, because it really is an amazing ride, probably my favorite in all of WDW

Bring some alcohol wipes. Crack one open after and smell it. Hospital trick for helping nauseous patients post op. It works!

It made me and DH feel sick. We rode at 6:15 and we felt sick the rest of the day, didn’t ride anything else, and still sick for half the next day. I am a ride chicken and wanted my kids to see that I can do it. DH never gets sick on rides but this one got him.
It’s a one and done for both of us.
That said I don’t regret going because it was an amazing ride and I’m happy that I got to experience it. The music made it fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter