Tips for Princess half marathon days

kwdw

DIS Veteran
Going to be at Disney for Feb 23-25, same days as the Princess run events. Staying on property and will bus to the parks. I was debating about Epcot on Friday, which is also the 5k at the park. Does that really start at 5 am such that by 8:30 early entry that should be pretty much wrapped up?

In general, we are planning a full day at EP and a full day at HS on the 23rd and 24th and just trying to guess which park is going to be most impacted which day.

I realize the ideal would be to pick a different time, but these are the days based on work and what parks we want to visit.

Any tips? We’ll likely buy Genie+ but I don’t think my traveling companions will pay for hoppers.

As a former runner I can assure you that it will be wrapped up in time for opening.

The 5K is really just around Epcot, backstage, and the parking lot. It will be done by 8:30 and will not impact your drive or park day. The 10K saturday is also just around Epcot and the Boardwalk area typically, though some road closures will occur and impact travel around Epcot. DHS is not typically part of the course for Princess weekend. Half marathon on Sunday will impact travel to MK early, and Epcot for part of the morning, but again, DHS is not typically part of the course.

Depending on where you are staying you may have some transportation delay heading toward studios Sunday morning but other then that you should be good to go

Thanks to everyone for your answers! Leaves me feeling a bit better about our plans! Busy, I'm sure... but that's expected. But based on where we plan to head when, we might miss traffic problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter