Tips for saving money on Minnie Van?

dmdj232

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,
We loved using the Minnie Van service on our last trip. It just started to roll out so it was only $20 for anywhere on property. We will need 2 car seats so Uber/Lyft are not options for us (besides the buses). I've been getting coupons for Lyft every month. My question is, will we be able to use these coupons on Minnie Van? Also, does anyone have any tips and tricks for saving money on Minnie Van service?

I had coupons through Lyft the last time we used a Minnie Van. The coupons did apply to the Minnie Vans last year.

Yes, the coupons will apply for any Lyft usage, provided they are still valid. If they are time-limited and have expired, you will not be able to use them.

If you are staying ON property, I'd use the buses whenever possible. Free is better than paying.

If you are offsite, I would bring my own car seats. If you can get away with just a booster, get BubbleBum or similar. Then you will be able to use regular Uber or Lyft and you'll save a lot of money. I realize that carrying car seats is a pain, but the savings will be worth it.

MinnieVan pricing has completely changed. It's now $15 + $2.75 per mile -- so a longish ride that you previously paid $20 for may cost you $40-$45 now.

I would use other options, and maybe do a short MV ride for the cute value and photo op.

Assuming you are staying on-site, if the goal is to save money then I would recommend using WDW transportation as much as possible! Minnie Vans and Uber/Lyft can get expensive especially during peak times, road traffic can also be very heavy on WDW property and result in unforeseen delays, WDW transportation is not as affected by this as there are now dedicated lanes for WDW buses and so many other methods of transportation (monorails, boats, etc.).. IMO WDW transportation all the way!

Assuming you are staying on-site, if the goal is to save money then I would recommend using WDW transportation as much as possible! Minnie Vans and Uber/Lyft can get expensive especially during peak times, road traffic can also be very heavy on WDW property and result in unforeseen delays, WDW transportation is not as affected by this as there are now dedicated lanes for WDW buses and so many other methods of transportation (monorails, boats, etc.).. IMO WDW transportation all the way!
I have to agree here. Use WDW transportation unless there is a specific need. On our last trip, we only used a Minnie Van to get from AKL to MK for a reservation at Crystal Palace before park opening. In that instance, it was well worth the cost.

I think the Lyft app tracks where you go. I've had coupons to use each time I've visited WDW, and they work for Minnie Vans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter