• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for solo parent w/ 3 & 5 yr old

tms295psu

Mouseketeer
Our trip is nearing and if we get snow at home Dh won't be able to join us (work)...

I'd be staying with family off site but would venture to the park solo. Any tips?

I've gone solo with two four year olds we had so much fun.

It wasn't much different than with my dh. I obviously couldn't do height restriction rides. I made use of my stroller. Brought my own snacks. I did table service so I didn't have to deal with getting food, getting condents and finding a table. In our last visit though, I had three trays and I asked a cm for help. You could do this at ts. The cm was thrilled to assist.

I'd talk to the kids about what to do if they get lost. Stay focused. Sometimes when you are distracted paying a bill or parking a stroller someone can wander off.

A good double stroller goes a LONG way! I too would recommend table service as pushing a stroller and having multiple trays at QS is a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe allow the kiddos to take turns picking attractions to avoid arguments. Same for food. Work out a general plan of action ahead of time-know if you're going towards Adventureland or Tomorrowland first, etc. Also, take advantage of character meet and greet fastpasses, if that is your kids' kind of thing.

Have a magical trip!

I took my kids for a week by myself when they were 3 and 4. Afternoons they slept in the stroller, I took the opportunity to walk around and shop ;)

I ordered groceries and we did breakfast in the room before we went everywhere to make it easier.

We took it slow and I followed their lead...don't tell DH but it was actually more relaxed than when he came with us!

How does everyone handle night time in the parking lots? Never really paid attention to how well lit and how much security was present since I always had Dh with me... I think that's what freaks me out the most... Heading to a car in a dark parking lot alone with 2 kids :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter