• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips

I worked as a hotel housekeeper once. So, even for my small family, I still leave $5.

Not a fun job. :(

We tip $1-$2 daily per person. We leave the tip daily rather then one big tip at the end because you may get different housekeepers during your stay, and the person on your last day may be someone new just coming on shift getting entire tip, while person who did all the cleaning got nothing.

I leave $1 per person each day, in a clearly marked Mousekeeping envelope. My daughter and I make them up ahead of time and decorate them

Does this vary by resort? There are just two of us staying at the GF this fall and I was thinking $5 per day, is this fair at a deluxe resort?

Does this vary by resort? There are just two of us staying at the GF this fall and I was thinking $5 per day, is this fair at a deluxe resort?

Tipping is a personal choice of whether to do it or not and of how much. I know that I tip the same no matter what level of resort I'm staying. Any tip will be appreciated.

I don't think the majority of people even think to tip housekeeping. I wouldn't have thought about it if it wasn't for this forum 6 years ago!

We tip $5 for our family of 4. I make sure the tip is on their housekeeping "welcome card" and plainly visible, but we had it left a few times.

We happen to catch the mousekeeper each day and gave it directly to her. We also let her know at that time if we needed any more supplies. Even though we didn't have her come in and clean (we had the dnd sign on the door), she would leave towels and stuff in a bag hanging on the door.

We gave $5 per day and were there 6 nights. We appreciated her hard work and were glad to be able to thank her personally.

Julie

I leave $1 per person each day, in a clearly marked Mousekeeping envelope. My daughter and I make them up ahead of time and decorate them

This is exactly what I do...$1 per person each day unless I am traveling with teens, then it is more like $2 per person for the room(s) they are in. :rotfl2: And I love decorating my envelopes. I find stickers in my sticker box that remind me of the resort (Tropical for Poly or CBR, Animals for AKL, etc.) or I use my vast supply of Disney stickers.

I think the tips are very much appreciated. When we stayed at The Grand Californian over New Years we received lots of special holiday towel art as well as extra chocolates on our pillows. :flower3:

I'm pretty sure $1 - $2 per person per night is customary. And everyone has responded around this amount. Happy tipping:)

$5 or whatever dollar bills I happen to have.

On a recent trip (not disney) I had been leaving $5 a night. One day I had a bunch of coins but no cash. I left 8 quarters (as usual with a note saying "housekeeping. Thank you!") and they didn't take it.

So I'm going to say coins are out. Make sure it's bills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter