Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

Love your report! I seriously do hope you made it to Epcot because, after all, we need to know where you will be eating & what made the cut :D

Yak & Yeti is always incredible. I enjoyed that fried green bean appy years ago but so many other neat goodies to try since. I agree, the dim sum is just OK. Can't miss or mess with the fried wonton dessert. Stuff of legend.

@kastoney you always meet all the best people in AK. Wild dingo lady and out of it photo pass dude. Your encounters made for one incredible update. Definitely hooked :thumbsup2

I'm curious as to whether you got to Epcot on that bus...but yeah after three of those drinks not sure I'd even care....

I don't know where to start with this update.......
But clearly it has to be with your brothers arms/hands on Dinosaur. I need to ask him what the hell he was doing and then tell him what I think it looks like he's doing :rotfl:
Next I must move on to your son Jason :rotfl2:
And finally, I remember when you were getting on that Epcot bus! I was a tad concerned for you reaching your destination too! I thought I was going to have to call the Orange County sheriff to put out an APB on you guys.

Wait, is this a dining report? Oh yeah your food looks good. No really, all of us enjoyed Y&Y last Nov except Chris but he doesn't count since he doesn't like anything so I'd love to go back. We might do TH next time even though the boys aren't big on character meals anymore, but I do love the food there and it's been a few years. I also love Nomad Lounge being in AK now, such a great place to stop, relax, and have a drink or 3 ;)

I don't know how I got so behind, Sanaa yum! Thanks to your reviews we tried this in February and loved it!! The bread service is delicious.

Yak and Yeti appetizers look so good. I have been eyeing up the tuna nachos for some time now, one of these days. Looks like a fun day at AK. Great character meets, fun photo poses, and adult beverages, what's not to like lol!

Oh no I hope you all didn't end up heading out of state on the charter bus, I am anxious to hear the ending:rotfl2:

Lovely review of Yak and Yeti. I tried all the appetizers you ordered and have to agree that the dim sum basket was bland. It certainly wasn't bad but not great either. However, we do have some great authentic Chinese restaurants that specialized in dim sum where Chinese people go so I am pretty spoiled.

I really hope that bus took you to Epcot not somewhere else. :scared:

She is way too much and adorable and everything else that is going to kill me in about 8 years
All I can say is brace yourself. I've gone through it once with my 17 year old, which gave me far too much grey hair, and about to go through it again with my almost 10 year old.

On the way in we ran into this half naked man, so it seemed like a perfectly acceptable idea for my daughter to get her picture taken.
Yet anther thing to put on the list of stuff that is OK at Disney, but outside that bubble, police would be involved.

Jason's Lost on Safari was Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Pink Pigeon Mauritian Rum, and Pangani Punch.
I desperately want to get back to AK and try this. Spiced rum is my favourite liquor and I enjoy Pangani punch, so it sounds awesome. I have the recipe for it and I keep meaning to try it myself sometime. Speaking of that, have you ever seen the website below? It seems like something you could make use of... :rolleyes1

http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/

Of these selections I liked the pot stickers the best, but none were real stand-outs. I'm usually a sucker for all things dumpling or steamed bun, but these just didn't do much for me. The siu mai at Skippers Canteen is much better.
I enjoy dim sum too. I have not had it at Yak & Yeti, but interesting to hear it may be better at Skipper's Canteen.

Fried wontons, cream cheese, icing, ice cream, strawberries, and pineapples. Need I say more? Yes, Delicious!!!
I'm just going to have to try these someday. I've seen so many good reports about them.

All caught up again…I don't know how, but I got lost somewhere back on page 9!

Clearly Casey was in good hands today:-)

That photo is hilarious :rotfl2:

And because I know everyone loves it, after beer, wine, liquor, and barely any food let me share my tipsy notes with you: "Good true nut like Tina best but no sirs ha plane good chicks bad thought liver but just mushy chop chix."

Makes perfect sense :thumbsup2

When Casey and I got there she took the "lounge" term a little too literally and made herself comfortable.

Why else would they put couches there?!

some of you may recall my best friend passed away rather unexpectedly last year. The anniversary of her death was 2 days before our trip so I was on edge already, but her name was Jen and I got a tattoo in her honor so 1. I couldn't not get this drink but 2. The sight of its name alone produced more than a few tears on my menu. :sad:

I'm so sorry. Having experienced two very painful losses in the last couple years, I know how those memories tend to sneak up on you :hug:

This was another successful dinner at Tiffins

Casey has a way more sophisticated palate than I do… Confession-As much as I loved reading your reviews of Tiffins, Skipper's Canteen and Yak & Yeti, I would NEVER eat at any of them. Though I may actually try Sanaa one day just for the bread service.

It was late after dinner and the park had long since closed (we had a 7pm reservation which was right at park close time). We enjoyed wandering through an empty park and even found a cast member to take our photo.

Love that photo! Must be so nice talking through an empty Animal Kingdom :-)

Got attacked by aliens in space

They do the best ride faces :rotfl:

Funny aside when we were doing the tree of life photos Matthew, Casey, and I were waiting for Jason to put his backpack down and the photopass guy commented for "brother" to hurry up and get in the picture. Now I am fully aware that my husband, whom I make keep facial hair to look older, can skew about 21 but I was pretty mortified from about every possible direction that he was somehow the child of me and my BROTHER!

OMG! Lol! And…yuck!

She loved the ride, but as usual I have no words for all that is Jason and Matthew.

:rotfl:

Would we make it to Ep-A-Cot? Would we survive? Would a dingo eat our baby?

So much drama, so much intrigue, you'll have to stay tuned.....

Here's hoping you made it! Can't wait to read more!

Hi Kari! Your trip looks so fun! That fried won ton dessert at Yak and Yeti's is one of my absolute favorites! It's soooooo good!

You would be soooooo fun to drink with! I love how you enjoy your cocktails as much as i do!:tongue:

Just catching up on all the DRs now from when I last was reading at the end of April! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Jenn. Getting a tattoo in her honor is very special. I would have been crying, too. Your review of Tiffin's was great! I'm debating reserving it for the ROL dining package when they're finally released for September. We did Tusker House a few weeks ago for the ROL package because I wasn't sure if my sister and my bff would like Tiffins, and didn't want to risk it if they didn't, and then have to hear them complaining about the food & the cost. I thought Tusker House was the safe bet. I so love Sanaa,and the bread service! They make absolutely amazing gluten free naan, believe it or not! Missed it last trip, so def going back in September. Don't you just love the Landry's card? On this past trip a few weeks ago we were able to get in to Yak & Yeti for lunch, and Rainforest Cafe for dinner on a Saturday night. Y&Y had about an hour wait, and RFC a two hour wait, but I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes at each place. Well worth the cost of the card! I absolutely adore those Ahi Tuna Nachos. So so yummy! You guys are amazing! Three drinks and I would have had to been carried out of AK, let alone go to Epcot! Can't wait to see if you made it!

All caught up and this update did not disappoint! :laughing:

Beverages of the adult kind from Dawa Bar of course.
Well, of course!

Feeling punchy we each decided to act out the beer of our choice.
I think this should be a mandatory beer-drinking activity. Just sayin'.

I didn't taste it as she insisted on dousing it with soy sauce, but she claimed it was good and wiggly
Wiggly really is what you go for in a good Wonton soup, isn't it? :laughing:

Now I have no idea what she was planning on doing with said chains, but they better not hit the bayyy-beee
:rotfl:

So much drama, so much intrigue, you'll have to stay tuned.....
I'll be on the edge of my seat, promise! :thumbsup2

We were up and at 'em fairly early for us the next day to get to my most favorite of parks: Animal Kingdom. On the way in we ran into this half naked man, so it seemed like a perfectly acceptable idea for my daughter to get her picture taken.
Tarzan looks like he hasn't hit puberty yet

Matthew's Tikiti Punch is Snow Leopard Vodka and Watermelon Lemonade. I did taste this one and the vodka and watermelon combo was seriously on point.
Vodka and watermelon sounds like a perfect combo. I always forget Dawa bar is there.

Funny aside when we were doing the tree of life photos Matthew, Casey, and I were waiting for Jason to put his backpack down and the photopass guy commented for "brother" to hurry up and get in the picture. Now I am fully aware that my husband, whom I make keep facial hair to look older, can skew about 21 but I was pretty mortified from about every possible direction that he was somehow the child of me and my BROTHER!
Haha I'm sure he was very flattered by that

Up next we have the Pork Egg Rolls with a Chili Plum Dipping Sauce.

I'm a serious chinese food conosieur and am very picky about my egg rolls and let me just saw these rolls are seriously good. The outer layer is fried to a crunchy perfection without being grease laden and the inside stuffed with mostly pork with a few veggies thrown in for good measure. These are pretty close to the standard all Americanized "chinese" egg rolls should be judged against.
These look delicious! All of the Chinese places around here put about 2 measly chunks of pork and way to much veggies. Your whole Yak & Yeti meal looks great. That seems like another place that their appetizers are the winners.

Holy appetizers! Everything at Yak and Yeti just looks amazing. I am dying to try those nachos one day.

Thankfully Yak n Yeti was right around the corner and with our Landry's card we got right in. Since we started out the day with the hard stuff, we dialed it back slightly and all went for beers. Feeling punchy we each decided to act out the beer of our choice. Got any guesses????
This is hilarious! Safari Amber would be my beer of choice there so I'd have to think of something creative for that.....

Up next we have the Pork Egg Rolls with a Chili Plum Dipping Sauce.
Hello deliciousness!

We also tried the Wok Fried Green Beans, which were new to Jason and I but Matthew had tried them before.
I loved the fried green beans! I agree they don't really taste like green beans but give me anything deliciously crunchy with a yummy dipping sauce and I'm in!
Lastly we have Dim Sum basket which comes with Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao and pork siu mai steamed on a banana leaf with soy lime dipping sauce.
That looks good too... too bad you weren't 100% with it. Bill keeps bugging me to go out for authentic Dim Sum but am still a little nervous to try it.

And of course we couldn't leave without having the dessert perfection that is the Cream Cheese wontons.
These are the ultimate in dessert perfection! Next time we eat at Y&Y I am getting my own order of these and NOT sharing.

After braving a trip back through time we intended to head back to the hotel for a bit, but the call of some drinky drinks from Nomads lounge was too much and we elected to stop in for a quick drink.
Can't wait to try out Nomads in August!

I went back to my Nomads all time favorite, the Annapurna Zing, which is Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer.
This is top of my list too....it sounds amazing!

For our shared appetizers up first we have the Ahi Tuna Nachos.
There is a restaurant here that makes a version of that and it is soooooo good! I can eat it as my meal.

The dessert looks so tasty as well! Both are on. My radar for our trip in September!

I had no idea they had Epcot parades. Sounds like fun. My brother is a high school band director and had his school there last year for a parade (but in MK) and the kids loved it.

We encountered a band at Epcot doing a "parade" this year. We had just come out of the Character Spot and they were going through, playing extra loud, because hello, that's what you do when you're in anything like a tunnel. My high school goes to WDW and marches at MK every 4 years. I was a sophomore when we went...21 years ago (ugh). In a few years, my godson should be marching, and you bet I'll be there cheering him on!

On the way in we ran into this half naked man, so it seemed like a perfectly acceptable idea for my daughter to get her picture taken.

Well, of course!!!

I have a similar mortifying story. My husband and I are a whole 9 days apart. So since we were there the week before my birthday, we both wore birthday buttons. We walked into a store, my husband pushing our son in the stroller, and one of the CMs working said happy birthday to both of us...and asked if we were twins. :rolleyes2 My husband stopped wearing his button after that.

I'm a serious chinese food conosieur and am very picky about my egg rolls and let me just saw these rolls are seriously good. The outer layer is fried to a crunchy perfection without being grease laden and the inside stuffed with mostly pork with a few veggies thrown in for good measure. These are pretty close to the standard all Americanized "chinese" egg rolls should be judged against.

I LOVE those egg rolls! They really are so good.

I hope you get to Ep-A-cot! At least if you're kidnapped, we know they didn't keep you long!

OK I'm finally caught up!!

And of course we couldn't come to Sanaa without getting the entire reason for coming to Sanaa in the first place: BREAD SERVICE!!!!

Like, duh.

Us adults though could not pass up the entrees and thankfully were not disappointed. I got two of the Potjie choices, going with the Spicy Durban Shrimp and Chickpea Wat.

Yum, I have gotten the shrimp before but not the chickpeas. Will have to try that next time. I do like chickpeas. One of the few healthy things I like, so I should probably eat them more often.

And who better to photograph our first step into the abyss than our 6 year old :-)

Ooh a budding photographer I see!

So what's a girl to do???? Drink more!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OMG this is too funny.
You should have been like, "Come here, son!" and plant a big kiss on his lips. Actually you could have had a lot of fun with this.
I understand the mortification though.
Drinks were definitely in order!!!

I believe @Vernie822 turned me onto these a few years ago and they remain one of my favorite things on property. These are Sushi grade ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, and sweet soy glaze. Instead of chips the these have fried wonton wrappers that add a nice airy crunch and they are piled high with amazing quality tuna and slaw. The wasabi aioli has just the right amount of heat to make these suckers seriously addictive. Like so seriously that just writing about them makes me want to have some stat. If you're at Yak n Yeti definitely give these a whirl.

Yum, looks so good!!! I think my DH had the ahi tuna salad instead of the nachos but these look infinitely better.

Of these selections I liked the pot stickers the best, but none were real stand-outs. I'm usually a sucker for all things dumpling or steamed bun, but these just didn't do much for me. The siu mai at Skippers Canteen is much better.

Agree on Skipper having the better shumai!

She loved the ride, but as usual I have no words for all that is Jason and Matthew.

Your brother's pose...is. awesome.

For our shared appetizers up first we have the Ahi Tuna Nachos.
Oh must try these in December.

4uj32sr-jpg.241516
:rotfl2:Your humor is hilarious. I wish I could be as funny when I write.

Oh and I love your HM wristlet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter