• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Tis the Season in Disneyland: A California Christmas *COMPLETED* (Feb. 2/Pg. 14)

Great update to your TR Lindsey! Love the Pirates Lair- it looks like so much fun! And what a perfect spot for pics with Captain Jack!

love the Pirates Lair- looks so neat! i've actually never been on Tom Sawyers Island in WDW... but i sure do wish they would pput the Pirates there!!

~sue

The Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island looks really cool! :cool2: We were in DL this past summer and didn't get to do absolutely everything, including the Pirate's Lair. Thank you for giving me the "sense of being there" through your pictures! :goodvibes Great update, as usual! I'm looking forward to reading more! You are your DH look like you're having so much fun!

You are so welcome! The Pirate's Lair is a great addition and I love anything that has to do with POTC! It has a lot more of interactive things to do there now and exploring. I'm glad you are enjoying my TR!

Hi Lindsey, Pirate's Lair looks like it was so much fun!!!:goodvibes I will for sure have to check that out in March, anything to see Captain Jack!!!:love: But you and DH just look like you had so much fun!!! I remember seeing the lines for it in June and they were huge, I believe it had just opened, it probably moves rather quickly though, it seems a lot of people can fit on the boat. That is always good. Captain Jack looks wonderful!!!

Glad you were able to go on The Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion again, that just looks so neat, after watching the movie, I am so amazed at how very much they make it look like the movie, that is a must see. It is amazing.:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more about your DL/California Christmas trip. :goodvibes

It's very neat that DL pretty much always has Jack Sparrow available for meet and greets on Pirate's Lair. That's something WDW should look into doing, for sure! It wasn't very crowded the day we went, but that weekend it was crazy, so we decided to hold off for a couple days. It was great because we could run around and we didn't have to wait in a line to meet Jack!

Great update! I wish they would do the Pirates Lair at WDW. That would be awesome. I think I could maybe convince DH to go to DL just for that!

We had a great time on our trip. Thanks for asking!

Thanks! I think they should do and it would be a great addition to Tom Sawyer's Island, but I think they are tying to keep at least on the "original" Tom Sawyer's Island.

I'm glad you had a great time in WDW! :wizard:

love the Pirates Lair- looks so neat! i've actually never been on Tom Sawyers Island in WDW... but i sure do wish they would pput the Pirates there!!

~sue

Tom Sawyer's Island is worth checking out and it's a lot of fun too! It's a great place to take hyper kids to let them run around and the parents can relax.

Disney Princess Fantasy Faire

We were a little tired by this point in the afternoon and we wanted to have a little down time. We went to checkout the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire in Fantasyland, which is a whole Princess themed area. There are many things to do there like, story-time with a Princess, meet the Princesses, and there is even Disneyland's take on the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

n25002324_33302914_5401.jpg

We saw that there was a Disney Princess Storytelling session, so we stayed to see what Princess would arrive. While we waited, DH went to get me a Mickey Pretzel to snack on. I just love all the Mickey themed food items that DL has and anything that looks like Mickey tastes better!

n25002324_33302912_4841.jpg

We spent a couple hours at the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire and we started with a story from Princess Jasmine. There are bleacher seats in the area and then there is a huge floor area for kids to run around. We stayed in the back and enjoyed watching everything, including the children making their tiaras and crowns.

We also stayed to view the Royal Coronation Ceremony with Jasmine & Belle, which also included the Royal Dance. It was very cute seeing all the little Princesses with their parents dancing around. We also saw the arrival of Princess Aurora & Mulan for their arrival to greet their guests.

n25002324_33302913_5122.jpg

We kept the fantasy going and made our way over to Toon Town, which I just love! Toon Town at Disneyland is just fantastic and it really feels like you are entering the cartoon world. It was also all decked out for Christmas!

n25002324_33302917_6251.jpg

n25002324_33302915_5687.jpg

We had to ride Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, which is one of my favorites! It always seems to be the longest wait too and it was another 45 minute wait for us. It was also a must for me to go visit Chip 'n Dale' s Tree House again!

More Soon! popcorn::

Lindsey, great report!!! Yes WDW does need to look into having Jack Sparrow out for meet and greets all the time!!!:love: I am so glad I was able to meet him at the Pirate and Princess party and also looking forward to seeing him at DL over on PL!!!:love:

Oh my gosh, I love DL's take on BBB, could you actually get makeovers there? I might have to check that out in March and then get one in Dec. if they actually do the makeovers, did you happen to notice? It looks very cool in there and I can't wait to check it out!!!:goodvibes

You are so right about DL's toontown, it is so awesome, when I was there last June, I just couldn't stop taking it all in, the people I was with kept wanting to move but in March I am going to spend some good time there. I love the Christmas tree, can't wait to see it in Dec.,sure hope they keep the same one, but I would imagine they do, probably a tradition of some sort. At least that is what I am hoping. It is just like walking into cartoon land there.
Can you tell me a little bit about Roger Rabbit's car toon spin, what is it like, I haven't tried it yet but would like to but just curious as to what it does.

As always Lindsey, your photos are awesome and it sure sounds like you and DH had a blast. Love that Mickey themed food!! Yum Yum!!!:goodvibes

I love the pictures from the Pirates Lair. I wish they would bring that to WDW. It seems like there are so many lands in DL. Your pictures are great.. Thanks for bringing the magic to your trip report. Now how do I tell dbf that we have to go to Disneyland... lol

I agree about Toon Town- it was soooo neat and dare I say cooler than WDW. It just seemed more like you were immersed in a cartoon! Looking fwd to the rest!

I agree about Toon Town- it was soooo neat and dare I say cooler than WDW. It just seemed more like you were immersed in a cartoon! Looking fwd to the rest!

Hahaha Lindsey I didn't know they were real either. Glad to know that I'm the only one who thought that.

I can't believe that their BBB is outside. That's so crazy to me to see that. I guess they have great weather all the time over there. :confused3

Love the pictures of you and Capt Jack. Very cool! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!

I :love: Disneyland's Toontown---it is soooooooo cute. I can't wait to ride Roger Rabbit's spin......tell me all about it. I was closed when I went way back in 2001.
popcorn::

Lindsey, great report!!! Yes WDW does need to look into having Jack Sparrow out for meet and greets all the time!!!:love: I am so glad I was able to meet him at the Pirate and Princess party and also looking forward to seeing him at DL over on PL!!!:love:

Oh my gosh, I love DL's take on BBB, could you actually get makeovers there? I might have to check that out in March and then get one in Dec. if they actually do the makeovers, did you happen to notice? It looks very cool in there and I can't wait to check it out!!!:goodvibes

You are so right about DL's toontown, it is so awesome, when I was there last June, I just couldn't stop taking it all in, the people I was with kept wanting to move but in March I am going to spend some good time there. I love the Christmas tree, can't wait to see it in Dec.,sure hope they keep the same one, but I would imagine they do, probably a tradition of some sort. At least that is what I am hoping. It is just like walking into cartoon land there.
Can you tell me a little bit about Roger Rabbit's car toon spin, what is it like, I haven't tried it yet but would like to but just curious as to what it does.

As always Lindsey, your photos are awesome and it sure sounds like you and DH had a blast. Love that Mickey themed food!! Yum Yum!!!:goodvibes

Disneyland's Princess Boutique is different than BBB. They do hair styles and things like that, but I don't think it's as detailed as it is in WDW. It looked like it was for small children, so I'm not too sure. They didn't have as many crazy looks like WDW does. :goodvibes

Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin takes you through the movie pretty much, like a typical Disney Fantasyland ride. You ride in your Toon Town Taxi, connected to another taxi, and you spin! It's a fun ride!

I love the pictures from the Pirates Lair. I wish they would bring that to WDW. It seems like there are so many lands in DL. Your pictures are great.. Thanks for bringing the magic to your trip report. Now how do I tell dbf that we have to go to Disneyland... lol

Thanks you and you are welcome! :)
You'll have to make him read my TR and look at the pictures.
Then, he would have to be crazy to not want to go! :rotfl:

My thoughts exactly!
It's so much better than the WDW!
But, like I learned...Toon Town is Disneyland is where the characters live and the Toon Town Country Fair in WDW is more like their vacation spot.

Hahaha Lindsey I didn't know they were real either. Glad to know that I'm the only one who thought that.

I can't believe that their BBB is outside. That's so crazy to me to see that. I guess they have great weather all the time over there. :confused3

Love the pictures of you and Capt Jack. Very cool! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!

It's so weird to me that almost everything in Disneyland is outside and not covered, ride, restaurants, etc. Every time I say that, I get responses like...it's not like FL, the weather is better....but I've only been there twice and it rained both times for a couple days and then it was windy & cold. So, I don't agree. :laughing:

I :love: Disneyland's Toontown---it is soooooooo cute. I can't wait to ride Roger Rabbit's spin......tell me all about it. I was closed when I went way back in 2001.
popcorn::

It's just like the rest of the typical Fantasyland rides taking you through the movie and this time you are in your Toon Town Taxi. But, it's a little more entertaining, since it's faster and you spin! It's always crowded, so it's a favorite for many. :)

Main Street- Classic Disney

It was late in the afternoon and we had dinner reservations over back at the Disneyland Hotel for dinner. We were going to go back a little early to rest before our dinner at Hook's Pointe.

We made our way near Sleeping Beauty's Castle and did some more exploring. We found this beautiful area to the right of the Castle dedicated to Disney's first Princess, Snow White and, of course, Disneyland has a wishing well too!

n25002324_33302918_6540.jpg

n25002324_33302919_6840.jpg

n25002324_33302920_7137.jpg

We made our way to the front of the Castle and I spotted the Horse-Drawn Streetcar. I just had to ride it down Main Street, so we hopped into the back of the streetcar for our quick tour down Main Street.

n25002324_33303145_8413.jpg

Cheryl, I took this picture because of you! I thought of the picture you took when you were in WDW and I decided I had to take one in DL! :goodvibes
n25002324_33303146_8699.jpg

n25002324_33303147_8957.jpg

We got off and then I saw the Omnibus and I have never ridden on one, so we just had to take the ride back down Main Street. Of course, we had to climb up the stairs in the back of the bus, so we could sit on top.

n25002324_33303148_9230.jpg

I took this picture from the top of the Omnibus.
n25002324_33303149_9505.jpg

We got dropped off in front of the Castle and then we walked over to Tomorrowland to catch the Monorail back to the Disneyland Hotel. There is a ramp you walk up to get to the Monorail station, which overlooks the Nemo's Submarine Voyage and it's a beautiful spot!

n25002324_33303150_9779.jpg

n25002324_33303151_55.jpg

The Monorail pulled into the station and we were on our way to the Disneyland Hotel. I love the Monorails at Disneyland because they are completely decorated for the Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

n25002324_33303152_352.jpg

More Soon!

That happened to me too!!! & it was around the time they were working on the boards... hope things get fixed soon!!!

Great TRippie!!! Love the Pics!

Yay you got to ride the street car! :banana: Love that picture too, it looks just like mine!:goodvibes I'm glad you got to ride the car and the bus!! Now theres two things you can cross off your "to-do list"

I will have to make my way over to DL someday! It looks like so much fun. I like how they have some different attractions than at WDW. Plus thats the original and to think that Walt was there gives me goosebumps.

That stinks that your computer froze and you lost your update. That seems to be happening to a lot of people. No rush on the update though! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sorry that you lost your update......that's a pain! :headache:

I really like your pictures of the Nemo subs from "up above!" :thumbsup2 I haven't seen many pics from that viewpoint!

Looking forward to more.......your report is great! :banana:

Hi Lindsey, Your photos of Main St are beautiful, glad you were able to ride both the carriage and the bus up and down Main St., how very cool. The photos of Nemo are cool, I remember coming across the monorail like that in June and thinking how pretty that was and wishing so much that Nemo was open. But it will be neat to ride it in March.

Thank you for the update on Roger Rabbits car tune spin, it sounds very cool. Do you know does it spin a lot? I am just curious because I get sick if something spins and spins, so I was just curious as to how much spinning it did.

DL's BBB looks very cute, I guess it might just be geared towards small children but trust me I am not above going in there and getting my hair done, I will have to wait and check it out in March, and if I am up to it, maybe get it done in Dec. After all when we are at Disney, we are all child like.

So sorry you lost part of your trippie, that stinks. You put so much work into them and then to lose it,yuck. Hopefully you will have better luck next time around, can't wait to hear more of your trippie, it is so great!!!:goodvibes

Hi Lindsey, I can't believe that it took me this long to remember that you had a Disneyland trip report going on. It sounds like a fabulous trip so far. I just love how all out they go when decorating the parks for Christmas.

Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter