Tis the season.....

princessdisneybelle said:
Yes acutally alot of them are. And alot are Thomas Pacconi bought off of QVC. We also have several from Disneyworld and Disneyland from different visits. I love the new Cat In The Hat one made out of a lightbulb. I bought it at a Craft Bazar a few weeks ago.
HeeHee! I collect Radko ornaments, too. I have mostly Disney and WB (when they use to have the stores). Have you seen the DFTW Radko ornament? I just saw it at DTD last weekend. Sooo cute!

We just got a mini fiber optic tree this year. We are waiting to get a big tree for our future house. Its not done yet but here it is...

IMG_0371.jpg

What a fun thread! I want to join!

This is our tree, it's only 4 & 1/2 feet high and I put it on a box covered by a Christmas tablecloth, so from the street it looks like a big tree :rotfl: This is our second Christmas in our house but we're waiting until we have kid(s) to get a real, big tree
47b6cc27b3127cce8fbcd4c1465200000015108AYsnLJk0aNv

This is the ornament my brother and his wife gave us last year. It's Lenox and I worry the tree will get bumped and something will happen to it, so I display it in our china cabinet at Christmas
47b6cc27b3127cce8fbcd575067e00000016108AYsnLJk0aNv

I love it - it's so perfect!

And since others are sharing pictures - here are DH and I on our first anniversary cruise. It was amazing, one of the best vacations I've ever had!
47b6cc27b3127cce8fbcee5bc7e500000015108AYsnLJk0aNv

Merry Christmas everyone!!

StephSFL said:

HeeHee! I collect Radko ornaments, too. I have mostly Disney and WB (when they use to have the stores). Have you seen the DFTW Radko ornament? I just saw it at DTD last weekend. Sooo cute!

I will have to look for it when I'm there next summer.

heatherlynn444 said:
loving this thread! here are a couple for now, more to come because...I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

our first tree together in our new house yay!
100_2132.jpg

Your tree skirt is so cute! It reminds me a lot of the one that we bought the other day.......for some reason, my fiance is OBSESSED with penguins so we just HAD to buy the penguin tree skirt!! :rotfl:

Oh I just LOVE Christmas!! This thread is GREAT!!!! :cool1:

I twisted my fiance's arm a bit and got him to help me put our tree up the Thursday BEFORE Thanksgiving! :rotfl: My family thinks I'm crazy but I just LOVE Christmas!!! :)

I collect Disney Hallmark Ornaments. I just started collecting them about 3 years ago and my collection isn't that big, but it's getting there!! :)

c10.jpg

This is us after the tree was almost finished!

c11.jpg

I also collect the Disney JCPenny's snowglobes that they give away every year the first day after Thanksgiving!!

c20.jpg

This one's from Hallmark, too! :)

c14.jpg

Our stockings......unfortunately, we don't have a fireplace here!! :(

c18.jpg

And here's the finished tree!!

c16.jpg

:dance3:

Every year we have a Toys for Tots party. In order to get into the party you have to bring a new unwrapped toy and we provide all the food and drinks. Last year we got around 460 toys and we donated them all to a local shelter for domestic abused families and homeless families trying to get back on their feet. We use to donate to the Marines but that is a long story. We have at least 300 to 400 people who come to ithe party and it is at our house. It is crazy. The party really puts you in the Holiday Spirit. I have so many people say that on Christmas morning the think about the toy the donated to the party. We did it for 7 years in a row but this year we couldn't do it because of our wedding. I just didn't have time to plan both. I feel horrible about it. It would have been last weekend and I had so many people call about it and they were all disappointed. I should have atleast tried to do both of them. I just didn't want to disappoint people if the party didn't live up to the standard it has set for itself. I feel so bad that we didn't do it this year. Just in case you are wondering yes that is a Star of David ornament of the tree... my husband is Jewish. He put it on there. Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Here is a photo from last year. There were a lot of happy kids last year!
DSC05938.jpg

Tammy32 said:
Every year we have a Toys for Tots party. In order to get into the party you have to bring a new unwrapped toy and we provide all the food and drinks. Last year we got around 460 toys and we donated them all to a local shelter for domestic abused families and homeless families trying to get back on their feet. We use to donate to the Marines but that is a long story. We have at least 300 to 400 people who come to ithe party and it is at our house. It is crazy. The party really puts you in the Holiday Spirit. I have so many people say that on Christmas morning the think about the toy the donated to the party. We did it for 7 years in a row but this year we couldn't do it because of our wedding. I just didn't have time to plan both. I feel horrible about it. It would have been last weekend and I had so many people call about it and they were all disappointed. I should have atleast tried to do both of them. I just didn't want to disappoint people if the party didn't live up to the standard it has set for itself. I feel so bad that we didn't do it this year. Just in case you are wondering yes that is a Star of David ornament of the tree... my husband is Jewish. He put it on there. Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Here is a photo from last year. There were a lot of happy kids last year!
DSC05938.jpg
Hosting such an even for 7 years! Wow! It must be so rewarding.
Don't feel bad about not being able to do it this year- no one would want to see you stressed. You only have so much time in the day!
Although, you could resort to staying up all night like I have! :crazy:
Oh! I can appreciate the star ornament in the year- I think it is a great idea! :wave:

J&J- I am the same way with my special ornaments. I have a cat and two dogs, and even if I didnt have them, there is no way I would put it on the tree. My DH and I are way too clumsy to take that risk. I, like you, display them in the curio cabinet.

Kmab- You have quite the disney collection to just have started. I am impressed. This year is the first year that I am going to start collecting the JCPenny snowglobes. I got one this year and love it- and hey, its free!! BTW- You and your DF look just adorable!!

Tammy- God Bless You for doing such an honorable thing around Christmas time. That is truely amazing. TONS of gifts, and for such a good cause. People will certainly understand why you didnt carry through with it this year. But maybe the Spirit will get in one of them and they can hold something similar (Or still decide to donate to another cause).

YAY!! I love everyones tree's and decorations-- keep them coming!!

kmab00 said:
Oh I just LOVE Christmas!! This thread is GREAT!!!! :cool1:

I twisted my fiance's arm a bit and got him to help me put our tree up the Thursday BEFORE Thanksgiving! :rotfl: My family thinks I'm crazy but I just LOVE Christmas!!! :)

I collect Disney Hallmark Ornaments. I just started collecting them about 3 years ago and my collection isn't that big, but it's getting there!! :)

c10.jpg

This is us after the tree was almost finished!

c11.jpg

I also collect the Disney JCPenny's snowglobes that they give away every year the first day after Thanksgiving!!

c20.jpg

This one's from Hallmark, too! :)

c14.jpg

Our stockings......unfortunately, we don't have a fireplace here!! :(

c18.jpg

And here's the finished tree!!

c16.jpg

:dance3:

we saw that one too! wal-mart, right? we did get the penguin and snowman stocking holdrs from that collection but they fall off my mantle :(

heatherlynn444 said:
we saw that one too! wal-mart, right? we did get the penguin and snowman stocking holdrs from that collection but they fall off my mantle :(

Yes that's them!! :) :lmao:

I'm sorry to hear about them falling off your mantle, though! That stinks!!! :(

Thank you, Maggimus!! :) Good luck with your collection as well! I think it's fun to wake up really early and face the crowds!! I like to people watch, too!!! Some people act crazy and it cracks me up!!!!!

ellej said:
i thought she was a cocker!! that's what my dog is, but she's a buff color. riley could not be any cuter! seriously. :teeth: have fun with her this christmas--whatever you do tree-wise! I LOVE christmas with my crazy girl. she has a nose like you wouldn't believe and can smell new toys from six rooms away. so it's really funny watching her trying to "find" her christmas presents on christmas morning that we wrap and put in with all the rest of the gifts. it's truly hysterical. :rotfl:

Sorry, slightly OT!! Please forgive me :goodvibes
Aw!! I love Cockers, they are such sweet dogs! Have a great holiday with your little furbaby too. We have always wrapped our pet presents and it IS truly hilarious to watch them open them :) :) I just noticed your wedding ticker. What is your exact date? We'll be in WDW in Jan for our planning session and it looks to be around the same week as your wedding!!!

SRUAlmn said:
Sorry, slightly OT!! Please forgive me :goodvibes
Aw!! I love Cockers, they are such sweet dogs! Have a great holiday with your little furbaby too. We have always wrapped our pet presents and it IS truly hilarious to watch them open them :) :) I just noticed your wedding ticker. What is your exact date? We'll be in WDW in Jan for our planning session and it looks to be around the same week as your wedding!!!

still off topic! i'm sorry! :goodvibes we're getting married on january 22 at sea breeze point at 2:30 p.m. will you be there then?? we'd love to have you stop by! :teeth: where are you staying? and what do you have scheduled for your planning session??

but back on topic :teeth:...everyone's decorations are AMAZING! it is SO fun to see everyone's individual taste and style. please keep them coming!

and i can't get enough of your cat, Tammy32. seriously. :rotfl: it made me laugh out loud. and DF just loved it. and your Toys for Tots party is just remarkable. what a selfless thing to do to brighten up so many children's Christmases. we do something similar at my church on a much smaller scale, but i absolutely love being a part of it and love knowing that someone else might have as wonderful a Christmas as my family and i are fortunate enough to enjoy.

happy holidays everyone!! :santa:

Sorry it took me so long to get moving on my pictures!

Here's the one of me next to the tree. If I knew how to crop myself out, I would have, but since other people have shared "people pics", I don't feel so bad now!
HPIM0669.jpg

Here's our outside decorations. I went for a candy cane theme, obviously.
Decorate.jpg

Funny story. We've MEANT to put up our outside decorations since Thanksgiving, but it's been rainy and medium cold (for Florida anyway). Oh, and also, I'm lazy. I finally told DF that I *had* to do it last night. He was like, "oh, just wait until the weekend; I'll help you do them." I said, "No, I can't. I have to post the pictures." He asked if it was for my family and I looked sort of guilty and he said, "It's that Disney board again, isn't it??" Hee hee. Men! They just don't understand! :rotfl:

Love everyone's pics! I'm definitely going to have to try those wreath ideas and I especially loved the kitty peering out of the tree! How ever did he get up there without disrupting the decorations? Now that's talent!

purplegirl247 said:
He asked if it was for my family and I looked sort of guilty and he said, "It's that Disney board again, isn't it??" Hee hee. Men! They just don't understand! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

That is SO FUNNY!!!!

You girls are all too much! I am a Christmas baby myself (my bday is December 20th) so I can't help but be a Christmas junkie. :sunny:

This year, DF and I are moving into our very first house (we settle on Wednesday actually! :goodvibes ) so we haven't been able to do much in the way of decorating as we are busy packing our things. We bought some things that we are putting in right after we get finished at the realtor's office on Wednesday morning and everyone I work with just thinks it's the most hilarious thing that the first things we're moving into our first place are the Christmas decorations. :rotfl: Since we knew we wouldn't be able to get a real tree (we are spending the first two weeks cleaning, spackling walls and painting before we move the furniture in the weekend before New Year's), we got a 4' high fakey and some Yankee candles with Christmas smells to "simulate" the Christmas tree scent. We also just got back from The World (Thanksgiving trip with my family) and the only souvenirs we bought were some Mickey ornaments to start our collection!

I wish all of you Happy Holidays and keep the pictures coming! Next year I hope to have plenty to post too. In the meantime, I just get my fix seeing everyone else's. :) :wave2:

JandJ: I love your tree - and your anniversary picture! You two look as happy as newlyweds!

ok so I have to share these. This is from my parents house. This is the last year we are going "all out" for Christmas siince my wedding is January 6, and my sis got married this past july...this is it :( makes me sad, we always decorate so pretty, so i had to share our 12 and 1/2 foot tree:

100_1558.jpg

I love how it reflects on the floor.

and this I took of our fireplace. I think it should be on a postcard!

100_1559.jpg

heatherlynn, what a beautiful tree!! And I love the fireplace!! Just think, now you can have the house thats all decked out for Christmas. Ever since my sister and I got married my family has become less and less "Lets put up the tree" kind of thing. It makes me sad during the holiday months... so I just put my tree up early, take it down late, and stay at my house more!! Works for me!! But I still miss those days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter