Title Company/POA Contract

mindymouse01

Earning My Ears
Just made an offer on a contract and it was accepted. I’ve used Mason twice in the past so I asked if this could be done again. They said that was fine and no issue. I recently received an email stating the seller wanted to use TRCS as this was a POA contract. I don’t know anything about this company but I’m guessing they are ok? I assume Mason could handle this as well though?

I don't see why any title company wouldn't be able to handle a legit POA situation. This sounds weird to me, honestly I'd consider this a red flag.

Who is paying the closing costs? I would think that party could choose the title company.
That was my thinking as well. I am the one paying the closing costs. The broker has stated that TRCS is the only one who can handle the POA contract. I have no clue if that is correct or not but it seems strange.

I'd walk. There are so many other contracts, a weird, potentially problematic POA situation is not what I'm looking for.

I'd walk. There are so many other contracts, a weird, potentially problematic POA situation is not what I'm looking for.
I’m starting to feel the same. Is a POA contract typically more difficult than normal? Bad vibes at the beginning always makes me nervous.

I’m starting to feel the same. Is a POA contract typically more difficult than normal? Bad vibes at the beginning always makes me nervous.

I mean the title company's job is to make sure you have title. So even a really complicated POA scenario is their problem, sort of. It's possible this mess makes closing more expensive? I have a lot of questions, and that's not the situation I like when there is SO MUCH on the market that isn't messy.

I spoke with Mason and it was confirmed that they absolutely handle POA transactions. As such,
I let the broker know we were going to walk away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter