Tix, does this make sense???

razzzbere

Mouseketeer
We have purchased a disney package w/free dining, 2 adults and 2 kids. We had to include 2 day base tix for all of us. We can get military 4 day park hoppers for a great deal. Will this work? 1 adult PH, 1 kid PH, (4 days)Can the other adult/kid use both adult/kid base tix to equal 4 days? We don't plan on park hopping as we'll only be there for 4 days. Hope this makes sense!! :cool1:

It will work, you need to run the #'s and see if it is the best deal though.

Book the package w/ 2 day tickets for everyone (as required) and then I would have them removed from your KTTK cards when you arrive so that the name on the KTTK card will not cause any issues. As long as the tickets are unused they are transferable. So Mom could use both adult tickets and Kid 1 could use both kids tickets.

FWIW DH and I did something simliar for our kids tickets. We renewed our AP's in Sept and wanted to go back in Nov w/ MIL on free dining. We know we are going in May and taking the kid who do not have AP's. So we booked FD package for all 3 of us in Nov and took the MYW tickets off our KTTK cards and are saving them for the kids to use in May.

It will work; just be sure to keep track of the adult tickets closely to make sure that the same adult uses the same tickets all of the time. Once they are imprinted with the finger scan they have to stay with that person.

Not sure this is the most cost effective way to go especially if you plan to return in the future, but you'll have to work out the cost for yourself.

I figured out that we will save about $30 total....every bit helps :goodvibes
and thanks for the tips!

Sorry if I'm confused. Maybe I didn't understand your explanation.

You have 2 adults, 2 kids for 4 days. You have military 4-day tickets. You also have four 2-day MYW tickets (2 adult, 2 child), mandatory for FD package. I'm wondering why everyone doesn't use the military 4-day tickets, and you save all the 2-day tickets for another trip, where they can be upgraded to the number days you need then? That would give you pre-paid tickets for your next trip (for the most expensive first 2 days of a MYW ticket) which would reflect the greatest savings to you. We have some 2-day tickets at home right now, waiting for future use.

I like your idea...but how long do the tix last? They don't have to be "no expire. tix"? We can only get 3 of the military tix, but that would still be OK, we could just use the 4 days worth of kids tix for one of the kids.

I like your idea...but how long do the tix last? They don't have to be "no expire. tix"? We can only get 3 of the military tix, but that would still be OK, we could just use the 4 days worth of kids tix for one of the kids.

Unused tickets NEVER expire. So if you are planing a trip back you can use them. I agree. Use the military 4 day tickets and save the 2 day tickets for another trip. And you don't have to upgrade them now, you can do it on your next trip when you know exactly how many days you will want. Also just upgrade the one ticket rather than using two 2-day tickets. That will save $$ in the long run. It will be more up front but your next trip will be much cheaper.

Unused tickets NEVER expire. So if you are planing a trip back you can use them. I agree. Use the military 4 day tickets and save the 2 day tickets for another trip. And you don't have to upgrade them now, you can do it on your next trip when you know exactly how many days you will want.

I love it! My kids are 3 and 6 so we'll def. be back! Thank you so much!!! I love disboards!! :love:

The tickets will last forever, if you never use them. We had the Concierge desk take the tickets off our KTTW cards and put them on separate cards that we labeled and put in an marked envelope, then took them home.

If you wish, you can keep the tickets on your KTTW cards, but you have to be careful not to use them thru a turnstile during your visit. Your hotel entry and dining credits will expire at the end, but the card will still contain the usable tickets, good for later years.

If you have 3 military tickets, and wish to use your MWY 2-day tickets for one child, the worst, most expensive thing you could do would be to use two 2-day MYW tickets for 4 days' entry into the parks. Here's the math (prices do not include 6.5% tax):

One 2-day MYW child ticket: $155
Combine two 2-day MYW child tickets for 4 day entry: $155 + $155 = $310

OR,
(One 4-day MYW child ticket: $224)
Upgrade 2-day ticket to 4-day ticket: $224(4-day) - $155(2-day) = $69
In this case, you lay out $69 to buy 2 more days, but your total expense is $224, compared to using two 2-day tickets and spending $310.
Mark that KTTW card somehow so you know it is the one you are using the tickets from.

The explanation is that Disney ticket prices are front-loaded. The first 2 days are the worst, days 3 & 4 are better, and after day 4, adding days only costs $8+tax each day. It's crazy, but if you know the pricing, you can strategically plan your ticket purchases and save big $$.

Here's all about tickets from Cheshire Figment. Go to Post #18 for a chart of ticket cost by day. Calculate the price between one day and two days, two days and three, etc. and you can see how the cost of adding days gets cheaper as you go along. Post #17 covers the Military 4-day Tickets. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

You keep your three unused, already-paid-for tickets for another time and, as I said, the biggest expense of those tickets will already be paid-for with this trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter