To Alaska and beyond

Are the "Disney Friends Tea Party" and the Pixar Party only on the Alaskan voyages?

I believe someone else answered this. But yes the Pixar Pals Party is only on Alaska cruises to my knowledge. The tea party is only free on the Magic and Wonder. I believe they have a Princess Tea Party on the Fantasy, but it costs money. And it's only on cruises 7 days or more. This cruise they had 2 tea parties. One on the second sea day and one on the last sea day. We chose the last sea day, but should have picked the first one since we skipped it altogether. The Tea Party was at the same time as the Friendship rocks prep and the kids wanted to do that more.

Can you let us know who the Cruise Director is.

Thanks for all of the great trip report.

Yes the Cruise Director is Jimmy. He was really nice. I met him on our day in Sitka. We had a very pleasant conversation from the ice cream machine all the way to the Quite Cove pool. He was super friendly and easy to talk to. I saw him eating lunch on the Tracy Arm day and he remembered me and said hi and asked how my vacation was going.

IMG_2345_zps3c223a5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2344_zps93f855a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We slept in this morning and we needed it. We were all getting a little grumpy from the early mornings. Even so I woke up with a splitting headache and D had a sore throat. This isn't looking good. We thought maybe he has just slept with his mouth open since we was feeling 100% besides the throat. Neither kids wanted to get off in Ketchikan they were tired of walking and we didn't have an excursion planned this time. So here's how it went down. And it's super lame to admit to people but the kids and I didn't get off the boat.

We went up to Beach Blanket for breakfast. That seemed to be the quickest way to please everyone. They have coffee so I'm happy. I know theres been lots of discussion about how nasty the coffee is on the Disney ships on the Threads here. I'm in the camp where I actually like it and I drink it black. :)

After breakfast the kids went off to the club/lab and Dan and I went back to the room. I had to write in the postcards I bought on the first sea day in order to mail them in Alaska. Dan wanted to get off and buy some Mt. Dew, mail my postcards and he said he'd take some pictures and see if there was anything we couldn't miss.

At noon I called the kids to see if they wanted lunch in the lab or with me at Tritons. C said with me and D said lab. Looks like another girls lunch. I met C coming out of the lab we strolled through Shutters and checked out of pictures then to Tritons for lunch. I had the best dessert I've had at this lunch. It was called Raspberry Mille Fueille. I asked what it was cause id never heard of it before. The server said it was French. Mille means million and Fueille means leaves. So together is million leaves. It was a layers of cream and flaky dough. It was heavenly.

IMG_2339_zps2c29962e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2340_zps82a6896f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After lunch, C went back to lab and I went to the room to update my trip report while we had Internet still. I promised her we'd swim the rest of the afternoon. It took longer to upload than I hoped. But by 4 we were sunbathing by the pool. We stayed until 6:30. The kids had an activity in the lab they wanted to do at 7:15. We got them dryed off and warmed off and sent to play. Dan and I sat on our veranda and relaxed and watched the float planes take off and land. It was a neat show really.

DSC_7445_zps76d4f566.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7512_zps16684082.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We met up at Promenade lounge for dinner at Parrot Cay. It was the Taste of Alaska menu. All the servers were dressed like cowboys. It was interesting. The menu was good the desserts were amazing.

After dinner we got in character lines to get pictures with the Incredibles, Mike and Sulley and Woody and Buzz. We love our Pixar characters. We were all ready to go to bed after that.

DSC_7557_zps622b4ff1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7560_zpsf352ac6e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7561_zps8f258f21.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can't thank you enough for posting such a great report and taking the time to post while you're on the ship! :worship:

Are adults allowed to attend the tea party? What happens at the Pixar Party? Thank you...

If you have a second, could you post the CC gifts? You mentioned a sling tote - I'd love to see it!

Are adults allowed to attend the tea party? What happens at the Pixar Party? Thank you...

Great questions! First the Tea Party. Ugh as I mentioned above we missed ours after all on this cruise since the kids wanted to do Friendship Rocks more. Yes I attended with my daughter in December. So yes adults can go with their kids. I'm sure adults traveling without kids could go, but it's aimed for the younger crowd for sure.

The Pixar Party was so much fun! It's basically a huge dance party with the Pixar Characters. One of the cast members introduces all the characters as they come down the stair cases in the atrium. Then one pair at a time leads a dance on the atrium platform while the other characters mingle. D was dressed up like Russell and when Russell was mingling he came right up to D and got his groove on. It was a blast. :banana::banana:

DSC_7256_zps66ebce2b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7336_zps68ea0499.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If you have a second, could you post the CC gifts? You mentioned a sling tote - I'd love to see it!

Sorry about that! I completely forgot. Here it is.

bag_zps2a328502.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I see JD aka Jelly Donut leading the party, one of my cruise staff favorites! I hope he is on board next month (crossing fingers!)

I see JD aka Jelly Donut leading the party, one of my cruise staff favorites! I hope he is on board next month (crossing fingers!)

OMG! Yes he was great! We love his energy. He was on our cruise in December. It's so much fun when you see the same cast members from cruise to cruise.

I'll finish my trip report tomorrow. I hope everyone has a super wonderful trip. This was our best one yet! Hope yours is just as great!!!

OMG! Yes he was great! We love his energy. He was on our cruise in December. It's so much fun when you see the same cast members from cruise to cruise.

I'll finish my trip report tomorrow. I hope everyone has a super wonderful trip. This was our best one yet! Hope yours is just as great!!!

We have followed him from the kids club to the cruise staff, cant wait to see him again!

I am looking forward to hearing about your debarkation experience, I hear Canada Place can be a zoo getting off!

Thanks for an awesome trip report!

We'll be on one of the August 2014 cruises so I'm really enjoying your report!

Is the Castaway Club bag something you can purchase? Or is it given to Castaway Club members? Do you have to be a certain CC level to get it?

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your report. It's really getting me excited!

Thank you for posting your report while on your cruise! Also, thank you for your honesty!! I loved your post about Tracey Arm and was laughing out loud (seal or log?). :rotfl2:

We are on the June 23rd sailing and cannot wait!

Thank you again!!

Hi!
I was cruising with you and wanted to say that...
1) saw your younger daughter several times and she was always so sweet!
2) When I write my report Im going to reference your report for younger families as my kids are 17 and 20 and I will be taking a different angle.
Excellent report!
3) I agree with you about Tracey Arm. Thing is, we have done Glacier Bay, with NCL, were able to get fairly close, so we kind of were prepared.
Although, NCL did not offer us bread bowls with hot soup to enhabce our viewing pleasure. The Disney Difference in action.

Looking forward to reading more and enjoying your photos!

Thank you for the travel report!

I was wondering, what time was the princess breakfast or event? Is there just one for the cruise?

Also, what day/time did they have the princess meet and greet?

Thank you again!!

Is the Castaway Club bag something you can purchase? Or is it given to Castaway Club members? Do you have to be a certain CC level to get it?

You can't purchase them to my knowledge. But after you have been on one cruise on your second cruise you're in the Castaway Club and the gift is in your cabin when you come aboard. Everyone gets the bag, but the color of the bag changes based on your Castaway level (silver, gold, platinum). Also the surprises in the bag change based on your level. We are silver and got the bag and a white board and marker that magnet to your door. We also got a highlighter to highlight on our Navigator. I'm not sure what the Gold and Platinum got. I'll ask on our Facebook group and report back.

Thank you for posting your report while on your cruise! Also, thank you for your honesty!! I loved your post about Tracey Arm and was laughing out loud (seal or log?). :rotfl2:

I was seriously bummed about the seal. LOL! To this day I'll never know for sure what it was out there. I wanted to paint an accurate picture of our trip. I want other people to know they aren't alone if EVERY dessert on the menu looks good and you have to try them all. Been there done that. I want other people to know if you get bored watching ice chunks floating in the water you can take a nap. Been there done that. If your kid (whether they are 2 or um 10 or even older) throws a fit and you need to show them you mean business by grounding them to your cabin for a day you shouldn't feel guilty. Been there done that. Dan and I hold the philosophy that this is "our cruise" that we paid for and we'll do it our way. If people don't think we're formal enough on formal night, oh well. It's our cruise we'll dress how we want and they are on their cruise and they can dress how they want. That's all. :)

Haha shorter response, I'm glad you appreciate my honesty. I like to be precise.

Hi!
I was cruising with you and wanted to say that...
1) saw your younger daughter several times and she was always so sweet!
2) When I write my report Im going to reference your report for younger families as my kids are 17 and 20 and I will be taking a different angle.
Excellent report!
3) I agree with you about Tracey Arm. Thing is, we have done Glacier Bay, with NCL, were able to get fairly close, so we kind of were prepared.
Although, NCL did not offer us bread bowls with hot soup to enhabce our viewing pleasure. The Disney Difference in action.

Looking forward to reading more and enjoying your photos!

Thanks! I know you were on our Facebook/Dis group and I don't think I got to meet you in real life. It's so hard to match people with the itty bitty Facebook picture once you're on board. Plus until yesterday my picture was a tulip. That makes it even harder.

Thanks for saying that about C. She's a sweet girl. I'm super proud of her manners. We've worked hard in that department.

I can't WAIT to read your report. I'd love to hear how you did YOUR cruise! It gives me ideas for next time and hear what we missed out on. :) :goodvibes

Thank you for the travel report!

I was wondering, what time was the princess breakfast or event? Is there just one for the cruise?

Also, what day/time did they have the princess meet and greet?

Thank you again!!

So they have a Character Breakfast. Ours was on the first sea day. We were visited by Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto. I don't think the Princess ever go to the character breakfasts that I've ever heard of.

They have Princess Gatherings in the atrium. I know they had at least 2 on this cruise. We missed them this time. The one we noticed on the Navigator was on our last sea day and we weren't even out of bed or ready by 9am. I believe they have 3-5 princesses make a grand entrance down the staircase. Girls (or whoever) can meet and talk to and take pictures with each one down the row.

And then the Tea Party sometimes has princesses at it. It's never posted on the Navigator. You have to go straight to the guest services when you get on board and ask for tickets. They will give you up to as many people in your party. On the ticket it says when and where the Tea Party is. On our December cruise it was at 4pm in Studio Sea on a sea day. This time it was also at 4pm either the 1st sea day or the last one. Also in Studio Sea.

They call it a "Disney Friend" tea party because they don't want to guarantee who will be there. I know someone else here said they had Alice and the Hatter. We has Snow White and Belle. This cruise I think it was Rapunzel or Tiana and Belle.
Actually now that I'm typing this I never saw Snow White at all this cruise. . . hum. . Sad.

Also no sign of Elsa and Anna. Bummer.

One last question...how many of the evening shows did you go to and if you had to pick one to miss (we want to see Bears and Maleficent and know I'm going to have a hard time fitting that in!) which ones would you miss?

Thanks!

One last question...how many of the evening shows did you go to and if you had to pick one to miss (we want to see Bears and Maleficent and know I'm going to have a hard time fitting that in!) which ones would you miss?

Thanks!

Is this your first cruise? Sounds like it might be. If you've never seen their main "broadway" style shows I'd say go see them as they are a lot of fun. In December we missed the Golden Mickey show, but we saw Toy Story Musical and Dreams. So this cruise we decided to skip those two, but saw Golden Mickey. I didn't enjoy the Adam Ace show AT ALL. We decided not to go see The other variety act either, I think his name was John Charles.

This MAY help you. Each cruise they have a movie as the "main show." Since Malificent is so new I would think they would have that be the show for the Main Show. But if you decide to go to that be prepared to GO EARLY. In December Frozen was the main showtime movie. We got there 30 mins early and there was already a huge line waiting for the theatre to open. If you don't get there early you MAY not get a seat.

One other thing that may help you plan. When you first get to port they will give you a Navigator for the first day. Inside it will tell you what everyday's main show will be for the whole week. It also tells the movie theatre schedule for the whole week. The Bear movie (which IS SO CUTE! DON'T MISS IT!) and Malificent will be showing multiple times on multiple days. This can also help you plan.

Hope that helps! I don't mind all your questions. That was the point of this trip report. Ours was the first cruise and there wasn't anywhere else to look for advice! :)

No, we've been before but our children were smaller and we didn't stay up late enough for any of the shows...well, maybe one. I know the red carpet show I will not miss, nor the shows on the first and last day. By the time we go, Maleficent won't be the hot, new release (we're going on July 21st) but I'm not sure that Disney will have another movie between now and then. I just really want to see that and Bears so hopefully they're both still showing!

I've been dragging my feet to post this last day at sea report. It's always the saddest. :(

(Insert Navigator Here - Somehow I'm missing this one)

If I thought we slept in yesterday I was wrong! We slept in until about um 9am. It finally felt like vacation! And it was the last day. We slowly got ready for breakfast. We decided to try Parrot Cay today since Beach Blanket can get really crowded. But before we got to breakfast we had to swing by the club to get a few pictures for my scrapbook! It was the last open house and we HAD to be there. We didn't look at the schedule before we popped in and guess what was happening at that exact time?!? Mouseketeer Training! AND there were no kids in the club. AND Mickey himself was coming in approximately 2 minutes!!!!!! Before we had a chance to snap a picture in came the Main Mouse! And since we were along we got a private photo shoot! At the very end a family with a little girl came and joined in, but it was seriously amazing. We got some pictures all over the pirate ship and club and then it was off to breakfast!

DSC_7614_zpse219b532.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7625_zps97b710bc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7636_zpscd555d2b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7638_zpsb3a3e535.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dan and I didn't dare eat too much cause we were off to Palo at 11:30. After we ate we went down to Edge real quick as they were also in open house. Next time we are on the Wonder D will be old enough to go to Edge and we wanted him to see it so he had an idea of what he'd be getting into.

We sent the kids off to club while Dan and I got ready for Palo. We wandered through the stores and shutters to kill some time, then we went to guest services to pay a little on our account. And then it was close enough to 11:30 to go. Eeek I was so excited. We got our seat and then hit the buffet. Since we did Palo in December I had a good idea of what I wanted to eat. I didn't feel the need to eat everything this time. We ordered off the hot menu. Dan got Eggs Benedict and Chicken Parmesan and I got Chilled Strawberry Soup. Then we went back to the dessert buffet and got several each.

Ok here's my honest review of Palo this time. When we went in December I'd say it was a 100 out of 10 score. It was AMAZING and life changing. That was the reason we felt we HAD to go back this time. This time it was just ok. Our server may have been off her game today, but we just felt the service was lacking. It retrospect it also may have been because Dan and I don't drink alcohol. The other table she was helping had drinks flowing and we felt like she was paying way more attention to them then us. It took her forever to clear our plates and bring our drinks. She didn't offer coffee until well over halfway through. She was just ok. Dan said his Chicken Parmesan this time wasn't melt in his mouth amazing like last time. Final verdict: Palo, do it. It's still lovely. And since we only have been there twice and our experience was 50/50, I'd go back again. 50% is a good ratio.

And I'm sorry to say we forgot to take even one single picture. :mad:

After Palo we went back to the room to change into more comfortable clothes and then we got the kids for their lunch as it was 1pm. They wanted Beach Blanket. We went up there and the kids got their trays. We slid them down the buffet and when we got to the drink station both their trays were empty. hum I guess C and D aren't into Seafood Buffet. :rotfl2: So we went to the ice cream machine to get an appetizer then to Pluto's to get cheeseburgers. We took them back to the room to eat so I could get packing.

At 1:45 C and D had some activities they wanted to do in the club. So they gobbled their food and were off again. I wanted to do towel folding. I was hell bent on learning their secrets. The towel folding was lead by a housekeeper. He went really slow and showed each step. Also they had a camera on his work station and it was broadcasted on the screens around the room. I'm embarrassed, but I'll post pictures. Needless to say, I won't be applying for a housekeeping job. I'm sure I could pass the cleaning bathrooms and making beds portion of the interview, but would fail when I got to towel animals.

This is suppose to be a "dog"

IMG_2352_zps40f7cac6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A little better Elephant

IMG_2355_zps2ed02b2f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And this is not a soul sucking zombie. . . it's a monkey

IMG_2357_zpsf0e81da7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I came back to the room and worked on packing a little bit more. But Dan and I had a super important date! Malificent! It started at 3:15 and ended around 4:45 so we'd have just enough time to get to the Walt Disney Theatre for Friendship Rocks! The movie was super! I mean Excellent! Worth the wait and worth sitting there while a 3 year old kicked my chair and occasionally my head. Amazing movie. It was a beautiful twist on Sleeping Beauty. As soon as the movie was over we rushed out of the theatre to the theatre (well bathroom first) and then theatre! We saw C and D in line for Friendship Rocks so we were able to get seats on the side they were coming in. Friendship Rocks is a cute show. Our kids LOVE being in it. They do a couple songs where the kids dance then they show a movie made up of movie clips and pictures of the kids in the club and lab. C and D showed up once each on the video so I was thrilled. :) It only takes about 15 mins not the full 30 allotted on the navigator. It's cute and fun.

We let the kids play in the club for a little while longer while Dan and I tried to get everything packed. I didn't realize we bought so much until we tried to make everything fit in our suitcases again! Jeez. Packing heavy seemed like a great idea until now. The kids really wanted to go to the Officer Pin trading at 7:15. They took the pins they wanted to trade. C said it was a free for all once the 7:15 mark hit. She said it wasn't a single file line but everyone just rushed up to the officers. Even so, C and D ended up with some cool pins from this trip. 5 new ones each.

When they came back we had a few minutes before dinner. We took the kids to the club to return their Mickey Bands. Then we went to Shutters to make a final photo purchase. This time we just wanted one. We felt we had gotten some great shots with our own camera. Finally we went to guest services to charge off our account and make our cards non chargeable so we could leave confidant what we had a zero balance. We hung out in the windows in Route 66 for a few minutes until dinner watching the beautiful scenery.

The last dinner is always the most sad. Our food was good. Lito and Jack were amazing. The desserts were perfect, but everything tastes a little like sadness on the last day. I love the Small World parade every time. And I cried. Haha not ashamed. We got pictures with our servers and swapped emails. Then we headed to bed. We were planning on doing express walk off in the morning and it was going to be an early morning.

DSC_7708_zpsd984e607.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7712_zpse1230c1c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No, we've been before but our children were smaller and we didn't stay up late enough for any of the shows...well, maybe one. I know the red carpet show I will not miss, nor the shows on the first and last day. By the time we go, Maleficent won't be the hot, new release (we're going on July 21st) but I'm not sure that Disney will have another movie between now and then. I just really want to see that and Bears so hopefully they're both still showing!

Ahhh ok that makes sense. I still think they may be showing Malificent in July as the main show. When we went in December the cruises before ours were showing Iron Man 3 as the main show and I felt like that was an older movie. I was glad it turned out to be Frozen. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter