To All The Twilight Fans Out There

I too love the series and I read the Midnight Sun version she has on her website. It also says on her website from June 2008 that finishing Midnight Sun is her next project. So have no fear she is finishing it we just have to be patient.

I too love the series and I read the Midnight Sun version she has on her website. It also says on her website from June 2008 that finishing Midnight Sun is her next project. So have no fear she is finishing it we just have to be patient.
That post was from before the draft of Midnight Sun was leaked. In August 2008 she posted the draft and said she was focusing on her family and other writing projects.

That post was from before the draft of Midnight Sun was leaked. In August 2008 she posted the draft and said she was focusing on her family and other writing projects.
I am sorry. I didn't realize that. What a bummer. I love Midnight Sun.

i thought her site also says at some point she will finish midnight sun and I do think she will as so many fans want it and it would be HUGE.

this is on her site

June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

this is on her site

June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

Again, that was from June. In August, she posted what she had and stated that she wasn't going to finish it. I'm bummed about that, but that's the situation.

I heard about it too and refuse to read it off line the only way I'll read it is if she actually gets it published!!!

who ever did it sucks and ruined iut for everyone!!!!:mad:

she recently said in an article that if she could get away from the project long ehough she might eventually be able to complete it so that what I am hopin for!

I'm not a follower of the series, but is there even the slightest possibility that all this hype and angst is a publicity ploy? Not saying it is...but it smacks of it.

I'm not a follower of the series, but is there even the slightest possibility that all this hype and angst is a publicity ploy? Not saying it is...but it smacks of it.

I think as an artist to have your work, your blood (pun intended), sweat, and tears, taken away from you is devestating. I bet she feels like the characters are her children, a part of her family. Now that they have been shared before she was ready, she can't stand to look at it until she has had time to clear her head and trust those around her again.

BTW - I'm reading Midnight Sun now.

I guess it could be a publicity stunt...but with all the hype about Twilight already, I don't think she needed any more publicity. Even folks such as yourself who don't follow/read Twilight know about it and how big it is.

I agree, it wasn't a publicity stunt. Especially, as all this happened right before the already hugely hyped (with midnight release parties, etc.).
Slightly OT, but have any of you twilighters read her other book, The Host? If so, how does it compare to the Twilight series?

I read about this online a few months back. I am really saddened by the fact that she currently has no plans to finish Midnight Sun. I am obsessed with Twilight and although I have not read MS yet (I plan on printing it out at work --- too long to do here or read online), I enjoy the concept of Edward's point of view.

IMHO, her stating that she would kill Edward and the Cullens off was said out of anger for the MS manuscript being leaked. I honestly don't believe she meant that she would do it.

I read it on her site and enjoyed it even more than the stories from Bella's POV. I am actually trying to keep up with DD by listening to the audiobooks. Since she has a head start, I have just moved from Twilight to Eclipse (skipping New Moon). I like to know what she is reading, and have allowed these based on some opinions I trust, but I thought I ought to know for myself.

I do hope she finishes Midnight Sun just because it is an interesting perspective.

Hi Danneenm,

I am a fifth grade reading teacher and noticed that your daughter is around the sixth grade or so. I wanted to give you a heads up about the last book, Breaking Dawn. It is more graphic than the others and has sexually explicit scenes. Just an FYI! :)

I visited her website after reading the series to see what was coming up next. Saw the whole MS mess. I think it stinks that millions of fan have to miss out because some jerk leaked the story. I understand that she feels violated-there are so many loyal fans who are sad by the way the whole thing has played out.

I agree, it wasn't a publicity stunt. Especially, as all this happened right before the already hugely hyped (with midnight release parties, etc.).
Slightly OT, but have any of you twilighters read her other book, The Host? If so, how does it compare to the Twilight series?

I am trying to get my hands on a copy my small town isn't well stocked! I'll let ya know:thumbsup2

The Host is completely different than the Twilight Series.

I found myself interested, but not captivated.

With Twilight et al, I couldn't put the book down once I picked it up.

With The Host, I enjoyed it, but I haven't actually finished it. Maybe I got to a slow spot.....I don't know.

The Twilight Series was MUCH more engaging and there were more characters to connect with. The Host is more isolated feeling, but then, I put the book down midway and haven't picked it up again yet.

Maybe a goal for this weekend, instead of hunkered down in front of my laptop!

I've just started the series - have read 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 arrived today from Amazon! :thumbsup2 I'm hooked!!! I read the "Midnight Sun" draft in one day...I thought it was excellent.

im currently reading the host and while it is good so far, it is much slower paced, and not nearly as fascinating and interesting as the twilight series...

im currently reading the host and while it is good so far, it is much slower paced, and not nearly as fascinating and interesting as the twilight series...

Do you find it to be more adult oriented than the Twilight series? DD also expressed an interest, but since I only see it in the adult listings, I was not sure if it is OK for her. She is a strong reader (12th grade+ level) and loves SciFi and mysteries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter