• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To BOG or Not to BOG

itsmeamanda

Mouseketeer
Good morning! I need some help deciding if BOG is worth it for us. My DS(12) and I are headed to Disney for one day. Yes, only one. We have PH and are planning to do HS in the morning and MK in the afternoon. We are not staying on property, so I am planning to try to make it through the entire day without a mid-day rest. Risky, I know, but we live in North Alabama and are (somewhat) accustomed to the heat.

My question is this: I managed to score a 4:55 BOG reservation, and am trying to decide if it's worth it to have a nice sit-down meal in the air conditioning or will that take too much time away from being able to ride rides? About how long does dinner at BOG typically take? I know it will still be hot at that time of day, but wondering if it's more manageable heat at that time. Also, I think that I will love the theming of the restaurant (neither of us has been), but not sure that theming along is worth it for us.

Thanks so much for your help!

Totally up to you but for us, if we only had 1 day I wouldn't plan a sit-down meal. Quick service would offer the same relief from the heat if you found a table inside. Also, by that time of day I believe the crowds have started to diminish so you may get more done from 5:00 onward.

Good morning! I need some help deciding if BOG is worth it for us. My DS(12) and I are headed to Disney for one day. Yes, only one. We have PH and are planning to do HS in the morning and MK in the afternoon. We are not staying on property, so I am planning to try to make it through the entire day without a mid-day rest. Risky, I know, but we live in North Alabama and are (somewhat) accustomed to the heat.

My question is this: I managed to score a 4:55 BOG reservation, and am trying to decide if it's worth it to have a nice sit-down meal in the air conditioning or will that take too much time away from being able to ride rides? About how long does dinner at BOG typically take? I know it will still be hot at that time of day, but wondering if it's more manageable heat at that time. Also, I think that I will love the theming of the restaurant (neither of us has been), but not sure that theming along is worth it for us.

Thanks so much for your help!

BOG is epic. You have to eat. Why not eat in AC at one of the most fun restaurants at Walt Disney World? I think a quick rest will feel nice.

For the $62 fixed price adult menu (lunch or dinner), I don't think it is worth it. We ate lunch there a few years ago when they had a different/less expensive menu. It seemed an odd combination of QS & TS and the food was nothing special. It is also toward the back of the park and depending on where you are when you decide to eat, it is a long walk to get there.

Whether you do QS or TS for dinner is a personal decision but I would look elsewhere if you decide on TS.

I would do it. Such great themeing and food. It could take a long time at the CS as well and at least this way you are sitting down resting a little and enjoying the atmosphere.

Totally up to you but for us, if we only had 1 day I wouldn't plan a sit-down meal. Quick service would offer the same relief from the heat if you found a table inside. Also, by that time of day I believe the crowds have started to diminish so you may get more done from 5:00 onward.

Agreed with already squeezing two parks into one day Id skip BOG, you may lose 90 minutes or more of your day there.

I’d skip it. Two parks is a lot in one day I wouldn’t want to spend 1.5-2 hours sitting at a restaurant(even a very themed restaurant like BOG). If you want a break from the heat while eating choose an indoor quick service restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter