To do Epcot evening EMH or not?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We are not sure if we should go to Epcot on evening extra magic hours night or wait until the next day to go. It will be just myself and my teen. I'm trying to make plans for our fast pass day coming up soon.
I can't decide so I would like some opinions to help.

It kind of depends on what your plans would be and what you get out of EPOCT. What rides are you both interested in doing? Aside from Test Track and maybe Soarin/Frozen, the other rides are pretty easy to get onto throughout normal hours, so you don't really need to take advantage of EMH to ride them. If you can't get FP for the rides you want, then EMH might be a good option. But if you can get FP for the things you want or don't plan on doing many things, then it might not be worth it.

It's kind of hard to say if it's worth it or not without knowing a bit more about your plans.

It kind of depends on what your plans would be and what you get out of EPOCT. What rides are you both interested in doing? Aside from Test Track and maybe Soarin/Frozen, the other rides are pretty easy to get onto throughout normal hours, so you don't really need to take advantage of EMH to ride them. If you can't get FP for the rides you want, then EMH might be a good option. But if you can get FP for the things you want or don't plan on doing many things, then it might not be worth it.

It's kind of hard to say if it's worth it or not without knowing a bit more about your plans.
We plan to get FP for Soarin, The Land, and Spaceship Earth. We do like TT though so maybe we should FP it and then try for a 4th FP for Soarin. We want to walk through the aquarium area and then eat at World Showcase. Then taking some time to spend walking around World Showcase.

If you have interest in Test Track then I would make that a FP priority. It's not too hard to get a 4th FP for Soarin. All of the other stuff you want to do you could get done regularly throughout the day, so EMH isn't necessary for that. But, EMH would be a decent way to do everything I suppose.

That's not much of a recommendation one way or another I guess...sorry.

If you have interest in Test Track then I would make that a FP priority. It's not too hard to get a 4th FP for Soarin. All of the other stuff you want to do you could get done regularly throughout the day, so EMH isn't necessary for that. But, EMH would be a decent way to do everything I suppose.

That's not much of a recommendation one way or another I guess...sorry.
Thanks for your thoughts on it. Yes I think TT will be the FP I need to get.
I still don't know which day to go though:rotfl:

We are not sure if we should go to Epcot on evening extra magic hours night or wait until the next day to go. It will be just myself and my teen. I'm trying to make plans for our fast pass day coming up soon.
I can't decide so I would like some opinions to help.

I avoid evening EMHs as a rule because they are much more crowded IMO than morning ones. I find this particularly so in Epcot. Moving from one place to the other is hindered. On the other hand, it's said that crowds thin out the later it gets, so if you two are night owls and want to wait out the crowds, it might work in your favor. We've always gotten fed up and left, LOL.

I avoid evening EMHs as a rule because they are much more crowded IMO than morning ones. I find this particularly so in Epcot. Moving from one place to the other is hindered. On the other hand, it's said that crowds thin out the later it gets, so if you two are night owls and want to wait out the crowds, it might work in your favor. We've always gotten fed up and left, LOL.
Good point. We have gone to late EMH there before about 3 years ago and it was a little crowded but not terrible. So Wednesday the day after EMH may be better.

If you have hoppers, I would spend the day at another park and hop over to Epcot in the early evening. Epcot handles crowds well, so it should not be too bad.

I'm doing EPCOT evening EMH so I can see the World Showcases at night with my son. With those extra couple of hours we can take a little more time in each country without feeling rushed.

In my humble opinion with evening EMH's being on the chopping block I would take full advantage of this experience while you can. Yes, sometimes it's crowded but sometimes it isn't. Regardless, the later it gets the more the crowds thin. The World Showcase at night is wonderful, all of the parks late night are just a different experience...so I say go for it and have fun!

We love evening EMH, especially in the summer. It is cooler and all the little kids disappear. On high crowd days, TT and Soar in will still be 30 min during the second hour of emh, but mission space is walk-on. Honestly, it is just fun wandering through the Seas without the crowds and World showcase is the best in the evenings. Do evening EMH just to soak up the atmosphere!

The parks that have EMH are usually busier those days since guests gravitate towards them. I usually try to avoid parks with EMH during the day, but will use park hopper to take advantage of it during the actual EMH if it's night.

Thanks OP! I added a day to my short trip and am wondering about Epcot evening EMH. I am reworking my original plan. It will just be DD and myself.

We like more than one ride on our favorites such as TT and Soarin'. We have hoppers. Evening EMH would be on our arrival day. We are staying at Yacht Club that night. So what about a plan such as:

-11am/noonish: arrive by car at an undecided park for a couple FP rides and just soak in the arrival excitement
-3ish: check in
-unload car, rest, nap, and refresh app for a 4th FP
-6ish: head to Epcot for quick service dinner; ride filler(s)/low wait ride(s); use 4th FP
-9ish: one last Illuminations and then a spin around WS
-10 Frozen (is this ride open on EMH??)
-10:40ish TT or Soarin'

We will have a RD morning at Epcot later in the trip.

Thanks OP! I added a day to my short trip and am wondering about Epcot evening EMH. I am reworking my original plan. It will just be DD and myself.

We like more than one ride on our favorites such as TT and Soarin'. We have hoppers. Evening EMH would be on our arrival day. We are staying at Yacht Club that night. So what about a plan such as:

-11am/noonish: arrive by car at an undecided park for a couple FP rides and just soak in the arrival excitement
-3ish: check in
-unload car, rest, nap, and refresh app for a 4th FP
-6ish: head to Epcot for quick service dinner; ride filler(s)/low wait ride(s); use 4th FP
-9ish: one last Illuminations and then a spin around WS
-10 Frozen (is this ride open on EMH??)
-10:40ish TT or Soarin'

We will have a RD morning at Epcot later in the trip.
Sounds good to me. Being at Yacht Club will be convenient for Epcot. The walk there is not long.

The parks that have EMH are usually busier those days since guests gravitate towards them. I usually try to avoid parks with EMH during the day, but will use park hopper to take advantage of it during the actual EMH if it's night.
Another thing I have considered is Epcot is the only park open after 10:00 that day. Unless they extend Hours for MK. So it may be even more crowded.

When there are evening extra magic hours, we tend to do a different park during the day then hop to where there is evening EMH.

What do you do nowadays in WS during evening EMH? I know some of the attractions are open, but with all the shops closed and you cant get a beer, so it's basically a stroll through the countries. Hearken back about ten years... didn't the stores and vendors used to stay open until at least until 10pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter