To-go boxes available?

Disneymom1102

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can get to-go boxes for food at:
- Caseys - nuggets to walk, choc silk pie for hotel on way out
- Les Halles - we wanted to get a bunch of desserts and pastries to bring to our room since we are going straight from Halles back to Dolphin via IG
- Sunshine Seasons - flatbread
- Fresh Med Market - doing early buffet before going to MK, can we box up and take with us what we don’t finish/pastries for the road?
- Ale and Compass - same as Fresh Market
- Gaston’s - cinnamon roll while we wait in line
Am I better off brining some kind of containers with us or is it not too difficult to get a to-go box?

I know Les Halles will ask if you want your food to-go or to eat there. However, I have not seen or heard of to-go boxes from the other places. Casey's gives you food in paper boats. Sunshine Seasons and Gaston's use paper plates.

Les Halles did pack mine to go but if that's your plan I would definitely have some things on hand (ziploc bags, folding card boxes would probably work and lightweight/easy to pack).

We've gotten to go containers at table service restaurants before (non buffet/family style ones). Always get Les Halle's to go (breakfast next day, etc.). Kind of doubtful on most quick service though...

I'll add that they really frown on you taking the stuff you have left from buffet/family style. We were putting our Tusker House leftover pastries in ziploc bags and they looked the other way while saying they don't like people doing that (risk of food poisoning or something like that)...but they let us take it. We hate wasting food and it was stuff already on our table, and just the pastries we ate later that day.

You never know what containers they might give you. Probably squishable styrofoam that leaks. So we always bring a couple of ziplock containers with us to the parks for counter service leftovers or food you buy but plan to eat later.

I would not take food to go from a buffet. Tacky.

I honestly never knew people did that before seeing it mentioned here a couple of years ago. Reading these boards has been educational in many ways :rotfl:
Calm down everyone…I’m not talking about stocking up for the week from the buffet. I’m saying if my 3.5 or 7 year olds don’t finish their one plate of food because they’re, well, kids or we are running late on time if we can take the leftovers.

Calm down everyone…I’m not talking about stocking up for the week from the buffet. I’m saying if my 3.5 or 7 year olds don’t finish their one plate of food because they’re, well, kids or we are running late on time if we can take the leftovers.

The official "corporate Disney" answer for this question is no. Whether a particular waiter or manager looks the other way will be situationally dependent. If you are worried about running late or kids not eating at a certain time, you might want to stay away from AYCTE options.

There are plenty of people that go into loading their plate in good faith, and yes, it's not like that food can be put back on the buffet. However, buffets have the no to-go for reasons mentioned above, such as people abusing it. If someone that wants to abuse sees other people boxing up THEIR things, the employee that gets to tell them no catches a whole lot of flack for not being fair and allowing it for everyone. That employee may catch crap from their manager for allowing it and looking the other way. Please don't put them in that position and just let it go. Often, SOMEone gets to deal with the consequences.

Yes, I speak from experience.

If you discreetly wrap up a pastry or two from your plate, to go, I doubt anyone will notice or say anything to you, but I would not ask for a take out box.

There are plenty of people that go into loading their plate in good faith, and yes, it's not like that food can be put back on the buffet. However, buffets have the no to-go for reasons mentioned above, such as people abusing it. If someone that wants to abuse sees other people boxing up THEIR things, the employee that gets to tell them no catches a whole lot of flack for not being fair and allowing it for everyone. That employee may catch crap from their manager for allowing it and looking the other way. Please don't put them in that position and just let it go. Often, SOMEone gets to deal with the consequences.

Yes, I speak from experience.
I witnessed this in Ale & Compass before! It has the breakfast buffet you can purchase that also includes a regular meal and a group boxed up their leftovers and started adding some leftover buffet items into the boxes as well. Another table asked for to-go boxes after witnessing this and went up to the buffet with empty boxes. The manager had to get involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter