• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To go order from TS Restaurant?

Mom23Disneybelievers

DIS Veteran
I am looking to see if anyone has experience with ordering take out/to go order from a TS restaurant. I asked this on the POR thread, but I am not sure that it was the right place.

I am looking to have one day to sepnd at the resort, enjoying the pool, fishing, boating, etc., without having to take time out for a TS meal. We have ordered food from the food court at POR, but would like to try Boatrights, the resort TS restaurant, without interrupting our fun!

Have you ever ordered/ tried to order a to go order from a TS restaurant?

They don't do it. The only way you can get "to go" from any Disney table service is to be seated and order, and then ask for the food to be wrapped. Or if you are at a Resort with Room Service you can pretty much get anything on the menu of that resort's restaurants.

This past December when I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn there was two times when I was able to take out food from the ESPN Club, so that's at least one Table Service Restaurant where you can do that. However the catch is they automatically add 18% gratuity on all their take out orders.

This past December when I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn there was two times when I was able to take out food from the ESPN Club, so that's at least one Table Service Restaurant where you can do that. However the catch is they automatically add 18% gratuity on all their take out orders.

That is interesting! The 18% gratuity seems reasonable.... they still have to take the order and package up the food.

Thanks

There's also at least one WDW restaurant (Olivia's) that no longer does takeout, although they used to. Apparently guests on the dining plan were anticipating being able to carry out a TS dinner and pay with a CS credit, so they just stopped takeout altogether.

There may be some restaurants where you will be allowed to order takeout. Sometimes a restaurant will allow guests to carry out one small item (like soup or a piece of cake); there are very few I've heard that will allow carryout of full meals. Even then, the answer will sometimes depend on who you ask and how busy the restaurant happens to be when you ask. Many restaurants at WDW, like Via Napoli, won't do carryout orders at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter