To Hop or Not with FP+

3smithboys

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for July, and I understand that we cannot actually "hop" with the FP+... However, with FP- we never used to hop at all. Our touring style used to be to go to the parks at RD, ride headliners, gather FP's to use later in the evening (I know, I know), go back to the resort to swim and rest, and then go back to the same park in the evening to use the FP's that we collected in the morning and maybe see a parade/show/fireworks. It worked great!

Now, we are wondering if we should stick with the same sort of strategy and just book our 3 FP+ for the same park OR would this be a time for us to now park hop and mix things up a bit?

We are planning a trip for July, and I understand that we cannot actually "hop" with the FP+... However, with FP- we never used to hop at all. Our touring style used to be to go to the parks at RD, ride headliners, gather FP's to use later in the evening (I know, I know), go back to the resort to swim and rest, and then go back to the same park in the evening to use the FP's that we collected in the morning and maybe see a parade/show/fireworks. It worked great!

Now, we are wondering if we should stick with the same sort of strategy and just book our 3 FP+ for the same park OR would this be a time for us to now park hop and mix things up a bit?

I use the hop to rope drop an EMH morning park and then leave that park as crowds swell to find a less crowded non EMH park. So if that is the case I say yes!

I also hop from one park to another to catch the latest stay.

I always hop in conjunction with DAK.

I hop to Epcot nearly daily for adult beverages, ice cream and snacks, and food.

Just home from Disney today...I had the same question as you before we left. The only difference is we have always hopped so I decided to stick with it for the same reasons as the previous poster.

*AK is a half day park for us too!

*We generally scheduled our fastpass+ for our personal must do attractions early in the day and hopped on over to Epcot each evening for dinner and Illuminations.

*When securing your fastpass+ you are able to choose only one headliner so plan accordingly. Example: For Epcot you are able to choose 1 of the following: Soarin', Test Track, Preferred Illuminations Viewing and I believe one other option. Then you are able to choose 2 non-headliners. (Thus making it handy to have a hopper as each day we were able to rope drop if we wanted to squeeze something in that we didn't hold a fastpass for)

*Personally, I have always felt hoppers are a bargain for us. Due simply to our touring style. My advice would be try it once...if they're not for you next time you can pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter