To our friends in Arkansas, Kentucky and Tennessee

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
I'm hoping you're all safe and sound. All of us here are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers in the wake of the awful storms last night. Please stay safe.

Pete

I live in Louisville, KY. We got lucky here. It was a wild and sleepless night. Several county schools are closed b/c of damage. My sister lives in one of those counties where the schools are closed. Have not been able to get ahold of her yet because their phone service is out. THe phone company building received severe damage.

They are thinking a tornado went thru there but they will know more as the sun comes up

I didn't turn on the news yet this morning...I better go take a look! I hope everyone is okay. We actually had a tornado in WA a few weeks ago (which is a rarety in our area) but I'm sure it was nothing compared to what hits the midwest/southern states. Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for all our DIS friends! :grouphug:

Hope everyone is safe and not too much damage has been caused:hug:

Yikes, if winter is like this, I am dreading the spring where tornado activity is very prevalent.

To fellow DIS'ers in Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, my thoughts are with you today! Take care and keep an eye to the sky!

We had a tornado warning around 2:00 am and DH had to take the kids to the basement. :scared1: I was at work and luckily, everything had moved through by the time I got off. Our only damage is just everything on our porch scattered all over 37 acres! I hope all the other dis'ers were as lucky.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I live in Western KY and it was very bad last night. I lost alot of sleep - but that is nothing. Many people lost their lives with this storm. Union University which is south of us in Jackson, TN had students trapped in a dorm that collapsed. But by the grace of God nobody there died - although many were severely injured.

A mall in Memphis collapsed on people. Several buildings were totaled.

This is going to be a long process of healing from this storm.

One of my best friends lives in Tennessee & she said there were tornadoes all over last night. I'm just thankful she's ok & that everyone in those areas made it through the night safe & sound.

My thoughts are with all of you in the affected areas. Being from Kansas I'm very familiar with the devastation tornadoes can cause.

My heart goes out to everyone in those areas, but especially to those that lost loved ones. Kind thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

It is so difficult to imagine the damage these storms cause coming from Scotland. You are all in my thoughts :hug:

It was stormy and ugly here last night, but nothing as compared to our southern neighbors. Everyone affected by these storms are in my thoughts and prayers...

I HATE this weather...

Sending thoughts and prayers to everyone in those areas, and those who have family, friends and other loved ones in those areas! Hope you are all safe.

A few deaths in our County (I live in Hendersonville, deaths were two cities over in Castalian Springs). Been out helping people all day. There was also a huge gas pipeline fire in that area that made things horrible. Nothing but mild wind damage in our neighborhood, though. The hail and winds and storms last night were crazy!

thanks for the thoughts ... it is appreciated. While my family is fine and we rec'd no damage to our property, many of our close friends had extensive damage and/or lost their homes. Our old neighborhood was hit very hard.

I haven't made it to look at the damage at Union yet, but DH went out search & rescue last night -- no one can understand the impact such a disaster has without witnessing first hand. It looks much worse in person than what you see on tv.

We have family in Oxford, MS, which was also hit. Friends and family in Shelby County as well.

No matter how long I live here - I will never get used to tornadoes.

I hope all out there have survived unscathed. My prayers are with all who suffered from these storms.

I just thought I'd mention Alabama as well. I live in Florence and it was not bad here but in Lawrence County many homes were destroyed and a few were killed. So keep these Alabama families in your prayers also.

hey we live in memphis. It was scary for awhile last night. There were 3 people that died locally i think.. A local mall was hit by a tornado that was about 4-5 miles from my house but nothing in my neighborhood.

Thanks for the thoughts and keep praying for the people that were not so fortunate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter