To those on PinPics...

I agree in full with Agnes in that it seems many do noy understand PinPics and it inadequacies.

Firstly, the person who receives 60 trade requests a day probably has the box checked that all pins in his collection are considered traders. I know when I look at the matches to my pins there are 8-10 pins that match up with each pin I have to offer. If you don't want so many requests, take the time to specify
actual traders.

Secondly, offers of a rack pin for LE or premium pin. This is a major failing of the program. If someone has a WDW Pin Trading pin, and I want it, and on the list of matches appears a rack pin I wish to trade, sure, I will check the box. Do I think this individual will make the trade, of course not! But I also check other pins matching that pin to show that I am open to a multiple pin offer. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to say "I will trade these three for your 1" on PinPics. I get these offers frequently.

Thirdly, I run hundreds of auctions and am now a week behind in catching up on e-mail. I will not necessarily respond unless I feel there may be room to negotiate a trade. Certainly not everyone responds to me and I don't minds. My selections might send 700 requests to 125 members, imagine the e-mails if everyone responded!

Fourth, If I feel there may be room to explore an initial offer, I will ask someone to look at my traders (unlike a comment above by a person who is put off by this approach). With pins coming out every day and many of us lacking the time to keep our wants/traders 100% up to date, there may certainly be something there that my spark some interest.

Fifth, I will not respond rudely although I will at times point out that we all trade based on different criteria, some by personal preference, some by collection needs, some based on value. I trade based on value. If need be, I will clarify this with the prospective trader and give rationale for suggesting or refusing a trade based on current market values.

Sixth, Unfortunately there is no way to stop person X from receiving the same trade offer repeatedly, although to do it on the same day is a little strange. I make trade offers perhaps once per week and I'm sure many have received the same offer 10-15 times now. All I can do is apologize, but there is no way for the program to exclude you.

Just some of my views.

Regards,
Michael (MWR62)

I think that people who think it's rude not to send reponse emails, continue to send them.

I think people who would prefer not to get the response emails if the answer is no, continue <b>not</b> to send them.

I think that any person who thinks that their's is the only right opinion get over themselves.

I think that anyone who is tempted to write a rude response, consider joining the second group above. (To paraphrase Thumper, "Don't write anything at all.")

This is supposed to be a fun hobby. It's not supposed to be a source of abuse in rude emails, nor is it supposed to be a source of abuse by the "Miss Manners" police, either.

I also think that if people are going to hypersensitive in looking for slights, they'll find them. And that's their own problem.

This is only my humble opinion, no one elses.

OK, my take on the Pin Pics. At times I love it and unfortunately more times that I hate it.
Today alone I received 4 requests from the same person for the same pin. He/She offeed the same pin each time. I have received this same request every day for the past4-5 months. I did reply the first few times, very nicely saying no thank you I don't need the pin you are offering,now I don't bother replying. Does that make me bad?
I also have made a few good trades through pin-pics because people have requested a pin I have with a pin I want.
But a to being rude, there is no exuse for that. A simple no thank you, or even give a nice excuse or reason for not trading is sufficient, but there is no excuse for rudeness. Peggie

Britt and I have talked about this problem in length as well as the problem of no responses..... In the new version of the trade assistant there will be a link to respond in the negative. This way there will be a stock answer and people won't have to think of ways to turn down a trade without hurting someone's feelings...

I mean if there is a stock answer that says thank you for the offer but not at this time or something along those lines maybe there will be more responses to trade offers and less negative type answers...

Of course the new trade assitant will be opposite what it is now as well so instead of listing all the people who want the pin that you have to trade it will show you what you want and what you have that those people are interested in.... We will still have of course uneven trade offers but this along with a few others things such as a link that says I will trade multiples and knowing who you are sending the trade requests too should help don't you guys think?

In the mean time if you just think about how you felt when you were new to all this and asked to trade something you had for something they had and they laughed at you or made you feel bad because you were uninformed then perhaps it might help??? We have over 2000 registered users at Pinpics and not all of them are knowledgable about the pins that they have....

Hi! I have had many offers from traders on pinpics. When I have replied denying the request or accepting 90% of the times people have responded that they never made that offer. A few times some traders have written me denying an offer I made on pin pics, but I never made any offers using pin pics. I will not use pin pics for requests until I feel that it has been "fixed". I also feel that people should never be rude in responding to any trade request made via email or in person.

First I would like to say that being rude can really back fire on a person. Remeber that you may not beable to trade pins this time.... But the next time you may want the pin the other person has and they may remeber you... Treat everyone the way you want to be treated. Or even better... It can never hurt to be nice.

Next I would like to point out that while I do not list my pins on pinpics I use this source almost everyday. It is by far one of if not the most valuable resource for pin trading on the net today and it is a **FREE** service run by people who are not paid to do it. They do it cause they love to help out. They do it cause they want to... They are great people who devote a good amount of time and may I add personal expense to helping make Pin Trading easier for all of us. If you have an idea to make the system work better or even a little smoother than email one of them and I'm sure they will listen and do what they can.

Let me just say I really appreciate pinpics. For all its flaws it still a great system. It has helped many a novice trader feel their way through the complex maze of pins out there.

I do respond to some, not all, requests. I have never and would never send a rude or nasty response. IMHO people know what is rude it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out rudeness or nastiness.

I see that the original post is about a child getting negatives. What you must realize pinpics makes no age distinction, while again there is no need for rudeness, people don't know if the trader is 8 or 80. And I have to agree with Nat, someday that person you were nasty to may be holding your grail, so at least be polite.

I actually have disabled trade assist for the time being, not because it's not working. But because it is working too well and I am having trouble keeping ahead. My list is outdated, I haven't been able to respond to emails and there are only so many trades you can work at once without messing up.

As far as clogging emails, I have a separate one for pinpics. I have found it works better that way and with so many free sites it is easy to have multiple mailboxes.

No one should ever be mean in an email. But from this thread you can see that there are some people who think not sending any email is rude and others who think not getting an email when there is no interest is a relief and preferable.

People should just realize that since there are differing opinions, they shouldn't take the lack of response as rude, since it is neither intended nor recognized universally as being so.

Some of the responses remind me of the beanie baby hysteria! When I trade pins, I do not look at the cost or whether or not its an LE or rack pin. I trade the pins people want for the pins I want. If I have a pin that is an LE of 2000, and someone wants to trade me a pin that you found everyday of the year at TDS, I probably would trade!!! This is a hobby that I love. I do not expect to make a profit, or create a stash of pins to sell later. Sometimes, I don't have time to answer the pinpics requests....I try to read each one...HINT!!!! Do not send a request that says "I want to trade" ...and follow with a list of numbers that would make an accountant cry. I don't have the time to look up 50 pin numbers, and most other don't either. SO..If any kids want to trade, let me know..I have lots of extra cool pins, and like to see kids happy....I am;
Lisa@Epcot on pinpics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter