• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Today is National Bagel Day

Either everything or onion, toasted with butter.

Cream cheese only belongs in desserts, IMO.

I also like a blueberry bagel, toasted, butter, and a light sprinkle of turbinado sugar.

My favorites are Poppy seed and Sesame seed.
My favorite bagel sandwich is lox on either kind of bagel, with cream cheese, lettuce, tomato, capers, and with a splash of lemon juice.

Didn‘t have one today, so I will take a rain check, and have one when I have all the ingredients handy!! :)

OMG, I love bagels. Lots of bagel stores here. Growing up, we stopped at one on the way home from church almost every Sunday morning. Now I try to limit them as an occasional indulgence. Favorite is probably the everything, but I also love sesame, sunflower and rye. Always with cream cheese. DH loves the traditional bagel with lox, sliced onions and capers. We get green ones on St. Patrick’s Day.

I always wonder who decides these things, a bagel company? I rarely eat bagels, sometimes when the kids are home for holidays I will get some from Panera. I like plain, cinnamon raisin, or French toast ones. Have a few in the freezer from popular DC place Call Your Mother, DD had a small brunch after grandson's baptism with bagels and fruit and we got some leftovers.

I saw something online about this at about 1:40pm and sent DH out to get everyone one. Hadn't had them in a long while. I prefer plain with cream cheese. Since they close at 2pm today, they sent him back with 8 bagels for $5 and they were delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter