Toddler at the Contemporary/ Renting a crib vs. PnP? (xposted)

mariolatry

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Contemporary in a month with our 26-month-old. I'm not sure how tall he is (he is under the 15th% for height), but I'm guessing he is about 30 lbs. He is.....an active boy. Every morning when I go to get him, he is literally jumping in his crib like it is a trampoline.

I am wondering if they are going to leave us with a pack and play for him to sleep in instead of a proper crib when we show up. He hasn't been in one since we stayed with the grandparents a year ago. I looked at the Kingdom Rentals page and they say the cribs are good for up to 3, and then they recommend inflatable bed rails. I cannot imagine trying to trust him to stay in bed with me. I also like the idea of having a place to trap him while I am using the bathroom, etc.

Anyone stay at the Contemporary with a toddler? Can you share a recommendation? I am traveling with my husband and two pre-teen daughters, who will be staying in a (hopefully) adjoining room, while I stay in a king room with my son.

We always ask for the Pack & Play to be in our room but our son won't sleep in it. This trip we got bed rails for our 2 year old and he slept in the bed. However, he's currently sleeping in a toddler bed so it wasn't much of a difference. I'd say definitely request the Pack & Play but if you're son is only used to a crib it may be better to rent a crib to be safe. Or possibly do a couple trial runs with the pack & play for naps to see if he'll sleep in it.

Whichever you choose, the room in the Contemporary is pretty big and you'll be able to fit the pack & play or a crib in there without it being in the way too much.

Also, off topic but for some reason we found the bathroom floor in the Contemporary to be extra slippery after showers. More so than any of the other resorts we've been in for some reason. Our son is active too and we had to close the doors and try to barricade him away from the bathroom because he kept running around the room and we were afraid he was going to fall and hit his head.

In the Deluxe Resorts you can request a crib. They are limited, but they do have them. If you want one guaranteed, then rent from Kingdom. We did them for our twins for 2 trips (just before they turned 2 and just before 3). They were fantastic all around. Sturdy, easy to open fold. The boys were so tired every day from the parks that they were out easily and slept well (heck better than home at that age TBH). You can also request bed rails from the hotel. Not the inflatables, but the ones that stand up against the side of the bed when attached. That's what our boys used at POFQ last year and they worked well.

We will be staying at the Contemporary in a month with our 26-month-old. I'm not sure how tall he is (he is under the 15th% for height), but I'm guessing he is about 30 lbs. He is.....an active boy. Every morning when I go to get him, he is literally jumping in his crib like it is a trampoline.

I am wondering if they are going to leave us with a pack and play for him to sleep in instead of a proper crib when we show up. He hasn't been in one since we stayed with the grandparents a year ago. I looked at the Kingdom Rentals page and they say the cribs are good for up to 3, and then they recommend inflatable bed rails. I cannot imagine trying to trust him to stay in bed with me. I also like the idea of having a place to trap him while I am using the bathroom, etc.

Anyone stay at the Contemporary with a toddler? Can you share a recommendation? I am traveling with my husband and two pre-teen daughters, who will be staying in a (hopefully) adjoining room, while I stay in a king room with my son.
Yes. They are going to leave you with a Pac’nPlay “ instead of a proper crib”. You can wait and request a “ proper crib” on checkin, but they are in very limited surpply and never guaranteed.
I would rent a crib for your son.
Adjoining rooms are near/next to each other. Connecting rooms have an internal door between them. Be sure you are requesting what you really want They are also never guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter