• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toddler at the Contemporary/Renting a crib?

mariolatry

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Contemporary in a month with our 26-month-old. I'm not sure how tall he is (he is under the 15th% for height), but I'm guessing he is about 30 lbs. He is.....an active boy. Every morning when I go to get him, he is literally jumping in his crib like it is a trampoline.

I am wondering if they are going to leave us with a pack and play for him to sleep in instead of a proper crib when we show up. He hasn't been in one since we stayed with the grandparents a year ago. I looked at the Kingdom Rentals page and they say the cribs are good for up to 3, and then they recommend inflatable bed rails. I cannot imagine trying to trust him to stay in bed with me. I also like the idea of having a place to trap him while I am using the bathroom, etc.

Anyone stay at the Contemporary with a toddler? Can you share a recommendation? I am traveling with my husband and two pre-teen daughters, who will be staying in a conjoining room, while I stay in a king room with my son.

We will be staying at the Contemporary in a month with our 26-month-old. I'm not sure how tall he is (he is under the 15th% for height), but I'm guessing he is about 30 lbs. He is.....an active boy. Every morning when I go to get him, he is literally jumping in his crib like it is a trampoline.

I am wondering if they are going to leave us with a pack and play for him to sleep in instead of a proper crib when we show up. He hasn't been in one since we stayed with the grandparents a year ago. I looked at the Kingdom Rentals page and they say the cribs are good for up to 3, and then they recommend inflatable bed rails. I cannot imagine trying to trust him to stay in bed with me. I also like the idea of having a place to trap him while I am using the bathroom, etc.

Anyone stay at the Contemporary with a toddler? Can you share a recommendation? I am traveling with my husband and two pre-teen daughters, who will be staying in a conjoining room, while I stay in a king room with my son.
remember that conjoined rooms are a request not a sure thing. most likely you will have a pack and play not a crib. some do have a few cribs but they are first come and can not be requested in advance. if you want a crib I would rent. as a trap for going to bathroom pray he does not learn to go over rail before you leave. both my girls were over the rail at that age. the rails that I have seen were not inflatable but placed between mattress and easy to push out as a grandson did. this was not Disney but the cribs they had were metal not wood as grandson was used to he would bump the rail in his sleep like he did at home but noise of the metal would wake him up

When we stayed at the Contemporary, they gave us a crib, but we had to ask for it when we got there. It was a folding wooden portable crib on wheels, so it was smaller than a normal crib. My daughter was almost 2 at the time and super tall and she fit in it just fine.

I don’t think cribs are guaranteed at any resort...the only thing that’s guaranteed is a pack n play.

When my son was 18 months, we rented a crib from Kingdom Strollers and had a great experience. We were at WL, and the rooms there are smaller than at CR, so a full size crib should fit just fine.

Also, please be advised that connecting rooms (I assume that’s what you mean by “conjoining”) are just a request and not guaranteed.

we used" A Baby's Best friend" for a recent trip, they were wonderful!! delivered the crib steam cleaned, we got a stroller and toy for our 1 year old grandson, worked out great!! They picked up the crib on the day we left

we used" A Baby's Best friend" for a recent trip, they were wonderful!! delivered the crib steam cleaned, we got a stroller and toy for our 1 year old grandson, worked out great!! They picked up the crib on the day we left
We used them too & plan to again next trip.

Our 2.5yo just slept in his own bed. Each child would just get in their bed and we had 0 issues. We did tuck a few pillows around them, but there was NO way the boy was going to sleep in a crib/playpen thingie. His refrain of "I'm not a baby" however is a constant in our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter