Toddler food on the plane?

hakunamomtata

Disnerd Extraordinaire
I've done a ton of googling and I'm pretty sure I can... but I figured, I had to ask the DIS for the absolute positive answer!

My 18 month old absolutely loves the Gerber pre-packaged oatmeal...meals. (See photo below) Lol. I wanted to throw a couple in our carry on as well as the squeezable fruit packets (also photo below).

814ugpfqqxL._SY550_.jpg 14599777_Alt01.jpg

Everything I've seen says TSA will want to open the packages to inspect them. So....how on earth does that work? Will they pop the seal on all the food? I plan on leaving everything in it's original packages...should I not do that and put it into a tupperware dish instead so I can make sure it does spill everywhere?

My almost 2 year old loves any of those pouch meals also so I'm curious to hear the answer on this. They are so convenient!

I took a bunch through 5 different airports in the last year and was never asked to open any. If they are below the liquid limit (which GoGo Squeeze are) then they are already allowed. Bigger pouches are allowed because they are for an infant. You just want to put them all together in one ziplock bag, and take it out of your diaper bag when you put it on the scanner, just like other liquids, no one even glanced twice at it!

The meals are food and not liquid so you should not have any problem with those.

I will say though we only took what we needed for the flight and had grocery delivery send what we needed for the week to our hotel. That way if they asked us to open anything we wouldn’t loose much. You have to use or refrigerate them pretty quickly once opened.

I 'm TSA precheck and had no issue. They just asked me if I had any food for DS and if it was sealed. They also let me bring his sippy cup and didn't have to empty it. They just swabbed and tested both of our hands.

I took those exact apple sauce packets. I think I brought 2 or 3, granola bars and goldfish - all were unopened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter