Toddler, sensory, and new to all of this

Will your son be going on any ride that has a ride photo? Just a heads up that the flash for those photos is BRIGHT, especially in a dark ride environment. For me, the flash can trigger a migraine, so DH has memorized where the cameras are on all the rides that take photos. He covers my head before the flash (makes for some odd photos, that's for sure! -- but better safe than sorry). BLAB is one ride I can think of that your son might ride (no height limit, I think) that has a camera. Also, if you notice that other guests using flash (even though they're not supposed to on dark rides) or filming using iPads or lit screens is negatively affecting your son, you might be able to request your own boat (like on POTC -- ask nicely, explain that it's a medical condition, and be clear that you're willing to wait to be accommodated) or vehicle. If we see a group that is selfie/video crazy, we'll just let other people go ahead of us in line until we think we have enough of a buffer between us and the "bright lights" group -- like on HM. Sometimes CMs can help with this, too. Just explain -- they get it most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter