• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toilets

Mom_Rides

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if the toilets are the Disney park are auto flushing? My DD is soooo afraid of the self flushing ones and I wanted to be prepared with Post-It notes if they were.

Yes they are and they are loud and powerful. My DD hates them. I swear they could suck a whole person down there.

Bring post it notes to post over them until you are done. Depending on the kind, you could drap a piece of toilet paper instead. My son was deathly afraid of them and would hold it all day, ugg.

Thanks for the info! I was afraid that they might be and we would be stuck with a crying 3 year old not wanting to use the toilet when she needed to. Post-It notes are going in our Disney box tonight!!!

My poor little girl was terrified of the bathrooms at WDW because of the autoflushers and the volume of the flush. We brought noise reducing headphones ( the kind you use at the gun range) with us and she wore them in the bathrooms religiously.

In addition to the post its, i would pick up some ear plugs on a string. i think I got 3 pair for 2 bucks in the sporting goods section at Walmart. We used them in the bathrooms as well as for fireworks, fantasmic and Indiana Jones when our son was 4. Much better than trying to cover little ears and still enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the suggestion on the post-it notes - my DD 3 hates to use auto flush toilets. I will be packing these from now on.:thumbsup2

Do you use the small post it's (1x2) or the regular size (3x3)? I also have a DD who is VERY afraid of automatic toliets...I usually just drape toliet paper over it, but the post it's sound like a good idea.

Do you use the small post it's (1x2) or the regular size (3x3)? I also have a DD who is VERY afraid of automatic toliets...I usually just drape toliet paper over it, but the post it's sound like a good idea.

small one works fine, there is nothin to drape over...you will be covering up the sensor light (right next to the button you could manually push)

My dd is 6 and still hates the self flushing toilets because they are so loud. When she was 4 and we were at WDW, she was so afraid of them that she could not go. Even if I covered the sensor, she was so afraid it would flush, that she could not go. She actually wet her pants at DTD. On the day we were leaving, we had already left the resort and were just heading to the airport. She had to use the bathroom, so I figured we would stop at Walmart rather than on Disney property...you guessed it, self flushers there also.

Gosh, I don't think my kids are afraid of 'em, but I'm bringin' some post-its anyway. Those toilets sound truly scary! :scared1:

My kids weren't afraid of their own flushing because they knew when it would happen, and they were 6 so not that little.

But they would hold their hand over their ears in fear of the other people's flushing toilets. It was like torture getting them to wash their hands, so bring extra hand wipes for post potty as well.

Just PLEASE remember to take them off when you leave.............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter