Tokyo Dining on DDP-what's included/excluded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
Thinking of dining at Tokyo Dining in Sept. Haven't eaten here while on DDP.

For those who have used DDP here, were there any exclusions? What's inc. with Std. DDP?

Can you get the Chef's Feature?
Chef Feature

Ginza Gozan - tempura and sushi combo $24.95
Shinjuku Gozen $27.95
Bento Box - assortment of tranditional foods and flavors $23.95

Feel free to post pictures if you have any. :goodvibes

TIA

I was just going to start a similar thread!! I'm wondering if there are sushi options available on the ddp. :surfweb:

That's what I would like to know as well. Hopefully someone who has used DDP here will let us know. :goodvibes

We were there last year, so this info might have changed, but here goes....

Part of the confusion with this restaurant is that they give you two menus, a sushi menu and more traditional menu of Japanese foods.

Yes, the Chef Features were available for your DDP entree selection. Those are listed on the traditional menu. Only two of the combo type plates from the sushi menu could be used as an entree, IIRC they were the last two items featured on the sushi menu.

We were on the basic DDP, so paid for some sushi apps. OOP, not sure if there are only certain ones that qualify for DxDP appetizers since the sushi menu is pretty extensive.

I got the Ginza Gozen both times, found it had a good variety, a little sushi, a little tempura. It came with white rice and a small sesame dressed seaweed side salad as part of the entree. Hubby is not too adventurous in the dining dept. but enjoyed plain grilled salmon that was perfectly done, a fairly large fillet compared to salmon at other restaurants we ate at, and came with a choice of oriental sauce on the side, as well as the rice and seaweed side salad. They offer grilled steak and chicken breast too.

The iced green tea is very refreshing!

We just ate at Toyko Dining last month- and loved it! We were on the DxDDP and sadly, none of the sushi selections counted as an appetizer on the plan. They do give you 2 separate menus, one for sushi and one for the other various items (tempura, grilled selections, etc.).

The Ginza Gozen is available as an entree on the dining plan. DH had that and it was great! Nice selection of sushi and tempura, plus a salad. As a previous poster said, there are 2 sushi combos from the sushi menu that count as an entree on the plan (I believe one was a sushi deluxe platter and one was a sushi/sashimi combo).

Everything was so fresh and the sushi chefs do a nice presentation on a big screen TV where you can actually watch them prepare the sushi from your table (if you sit in that section). The green tea pudding for dessert was wonderful! It did not look very appetizing, but it tasted delicious!

We will be back on our next trip!

Hope that helps and enjoy. ;)

That sounds so good! I'm glad I made an ADR for our trip. :goodvibes My DM and I just love Sushi. Last year we even used some of our TS for sushi at GC-not a great use of 2 TS but it was a late night ADR and we didn't want to eat too much. The sushi was really good. (oh the days when std DDP could get sushi at CG as an appitizer-I had the Snake in the Grass as well as my entree-;)

The Chef's Festures look great-glad they are part of DDP. And now that my DD is going to be 10 on our trip and counts as an adult-I think we'll be ordering her the Ginza Gozan - tempura and sushi combo $24.95-she can have most of the tempura and my DM and I will eat her sushi! :love: (maybe we'll order 2 Ginzas and 1 Grilled steak-yummo! )

The green tea pudding sounds strange but I do like green tea ice cream, so does DD. Wonder how the Chocolate Ginger cake tastes?

My DM and I ate here many years ago (I'm thinking maybe even 98?) but that's when they still had the Mastunomo Lounge. Sounds like Tokyo Dining took over that space since I read that there are some windows now.

Thanks OhioWDWDuo for the info. You and tinka-belle have made me glad I made my ADR. Now all I have to do is what 88 days to eat there> :scared1: Now I'm craving sushi (think I'll see if I can find any pictures from Tokyo Dining-I'm a visual person.)

I found some pix-

Sushi Tempura Combo
tempuraandsushicombo.jpg

Interesting that it says sushi but that is sashimi-hmmmm :confused3

Chocolate Ginger cake looks interesting
[
GingerCake.jpg

Green Tea pudding
greenteapudding.jpg

This does look strange!

Thanks for the link Colleen27-I didn't realize there were some pictures on those menus.

We just ate at Toyko Dining last month- and loved it! We were on the DxDDP and sadly, none of the sushi selections counted as an appetizer on the plan. They do give you 2 separate menus, one for sushi and one for the other various items (tempura, grilled selections, etc.).

The Ginza Gozen is available as an entree on the dining plan. DH had that and it was great! Nice selection of sushi and tempura, plus a salad. As a previous poster said, there are 2 sushi combos from the sushi menu that count as an entree on the plan (I believe one was a sushi deluxe platter and one was a sushi/sashimi combo).

Everything was so fresh and the sushi chefs do a nice presentation on a big screen TV where you can actually watch them prepare the sushi from your table (if you sit in that section). The green tea pudding for dessert was wonderful! It did not look very appetizing, but it tasted delicious!

We will be back on our next trip!

Hope that helps and enjoy. ;)

If you were on the DxDP and sushi was not allowed as an appetizer, what ARE you allowed to order as an appetizer?

Not specifically of the food but I love the lead pic on this article from the Orlando paper, and the review is by a regular poster here on the dining boards. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/dining/orl-dining3008mar30,0,507329.story

Thanks, it was interesting. Now I'm rethinking (again) my timing. I was thinking of eating there early (around 5 pm which is really early for us) so we could go to EMH pm at AK that night but now I'm thinking of doing AK first and then finishing up by eating at TD and watching Illuminations. It was so smart of them to expand this restaurant into the old lounge area and add more windows.

Okay, so I just rebooked and got 8:30 p.m. which will be perfect for seeing Illuminations. YEAH!

Thanks everyone for your help!

If you were on the DxDP and sushi was not allowed as an appetizer, what ARE you allowed to order as an appetizer?

For apps, we had a choice of assorted tempura, shrimp cocktail, a soup, and 2 kinds of salad. We chose the tempura and shrimp cocktail and both were very good. The tempura included chicken, shrimp, and different vegetables.

I'm going to revive this decade-old thread because I have the same question, and I don't see many of the menu items (or even menus!) mentioned here on the current menu.

Our family loves sushi. The kids' order is "Salmon nigiri and keep 'em coming," and have been known to put away upwards of 7. My wife and I usually order 3 rolls between us, plus some sashimi, and everybody wants miso. It looks to me like the dining plan (and the menu in general) might not be prepared to offer that. So there are several questions:

1. This thread suggests that 2 rolls can be considered an entree for the dining plan. That's cool; what about sashimi? (E.g., at roughly the same price as a roll, could one order the "sashimi sampler" and a roll?) Is it true that only things explicitly in the "appetizers" section can count as apps—no miso, no salad?
  2. Seriously, there are only 6 rolls? And one is California, and one is veggie, and none is especially creative? Is there a separate sushi menu that just isn't showing up online that's more like 20 varieties of roll?
  3. Seriously, the only sushi for the kids is California roll? I guess this one is less a question, because it's pretty clear, and more a "Come on!" My kids would probably just wind up ordering salmon nigiri out of pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter