Tokyo - Disney Dollars? Or Yen! :)

ducky_love

Saving the world one tourist at a time.
Hi Guys - does anyone know if there are Disney Dollars sold at TDL? I was thinking that maybe instead of getting yen for food carts or balloons we could just buy these with our credit card and not have to worry about the lack of western ATMs. If anyone knows it would be really helpful!! Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys - does anyone know if there are Disney Dollars sold at TDL? I was thinking that maybe instead of getting yen for food carts or balloons we could just buy these with our credit card and not have to worry about the lack of western ATMs. If anyone knows it would be really helpful!! Thanks in advance.
If you are going to Japan you will need Yen in your pocket. You can convert U.S. cash to yen easily at the airport and at TDL.

If you are going to Japan you will need Yen in your pocket. You can convert U.S. cash to yen easily at the airport and at TDL.

I understand that. But if anyone knows the answer to my original question I'd appreciate it.

I hadn't really seen these before but on my last visit about a week ago I was paying for a meal and saw some of the 1000 yen bills (that were pictured in the link) in the register and I was wondering if they were Disney Dollars.

As long as they accept these at the popcorn stands you should be good to go. :)

Great idea!! We ordered yen from our bank and have about $700 worth but it would be easier at TDR to use Disney Dollars! I'm totally doing this too ;)

Thanks for all the info guys!! Now if I can just find out if they accept them at popcorn carts! :)

Just thought I would update this topic. I tried to buy Disney Dollars at Guest Services and found out 2 things.

1) They can only be purchased with cash... which totally defeated my reason for buying them.
2) They can only be purchased in increments of 500 & 1000 yen...

We ended up not purchasing them at all and just had cash (yen) on hand. I was pleased to learn that Guest Services will exchange dollars for yen. I'm not sure if we got a good rate but it sure was convenient!

Just thought I would update this topic. I tried to buy Disney Dollars at Guest Services and found out 2 things. 1) They can only be purchased with cash... which totally defeated my reason for buying them. 2) They can only be purchased in increments of 500 & 1000 yen... We ended up not purchasing them at all and just had cash (yen) on hand. I was pleased to learn that Guest Services will exchange dollars for yen. I'm not sure if we got a good rate but it sure was convenient!

Thank you very much. That is really helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter