Tokyo Disney Trip Report April 2011

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Greetings fellow Diser! My name is Lori and my DH had the pleasure of vacationing in Yokohama this month will also trips to Tokyo, Tokyo Disneyland, and various areas on the coast. I will focus this trip report on my experiences at the Disney stores in the Tokyo/Yokohama area and from our day trip to Tokyo DL. This was a last minute decision to go to the park, as our original plan was to visit Tokyo DisneySea for a day. However as you all know it was not open on the 15th. My DH went to high school in Yokohama and his family had the pleasure of living 6 great years there. We are so glad we did not cancel our vacation as it could not have been any better! The cherry blossoms were at their peak, the radiation levels were not dangerous in anyway in the area we visited, and the weather was perfect. We were in a few aftershocks, but never once felt as if we were in danger.

My first dose of Disney was on day 2 of the trip, when we were wandering around Shibuya and came across the cutest Disney store I have ever been in. The merchandise was too cute, and it was funny to see Stitch have a little girlfriend as this was a first for me. One thing lacking were there were not any t-shirts, apparel etc. For how big the store was there was not a lot in there. However it was like 4 stories and it was fun checking out the theming in the store.

DSC07090.jpg

DSC07091.jpg

Disney was promoting a new bear called the University Bear!

The Easter stuff was so darn cute!

DSC07092.jpg

I love Stitch, he's my fav! He is also huge in Japan!!

DSC07093.jpg

DSC07094.jpg

I love this, it was in one of the hallways upstairs.

DSC07095.jpg

DSC07096.jpg

DSC07097.jpg

DSC07098.jpg

Stitch and his little girlfriend :goodvibes

DSC07099.jpg

Shot of Shibuya

DSC07100.jpg

Thanks for sharing... that store front is amazing! I can't wait to go I am going to buy so much useless crap it is going to be awesome! Can't wait tto see more... subscribed :surfweb:

We arrived at DL Resort on April 15th a little after 0800. The park was already open when we arrived. The train station is just a few steps away from the DL hotel and DL. Very convenient!

DSC07166.jpg

The entrance to the park was filled with media from all over including CNN, to showcase the parks opening since the earthquake. Micky was out front taking pictures with guests. The entrance had really elaborate Easter decorations.

DSC07169.jpg

DSC07170.jpg

The first ride we went to was Monsters Inc., as I read this was a not to be missed ride. We walked right on and loved the ride. It was much better than the one at DL in California, which is still good, but this one is amazing!

DSC07172.jpg
DSC07173.jpg

Right next door was an old favorite Space Mountain. The beginning of the ride was really cool and kind of creepy. :thumbsup2 Two thumbs up!

DSC07176.jpg

Then from there it was on to Pooh's Honey Hut. The would not allow cameras during the ride, but I must say it was worth the price of admission. It was better than we ever could have imagined!

DSC07181.jpg

DSC07182.jpg

DSC07185.jpg

Small World! Outside reminded my of DL in California, but the colors were more bright.
DSC07186.jpg

This was the cutest vending machine I have ever seen, outside the Queen's Banquet Hall.

DSC07189.jpg

DSC07190.jpg

DSC07191.jpg

I was in love with all the themed Easter eggs spread throughout the park. I think I found them all.

DSC07192.jpg

After this we headed over to Critter Country, and rode Splash Mountain. I loved the fact there was a restaurant in the Splash Mountain area, too bad the menu had nothing I was willing to eat :mad: Oh well, still very cute theme. Splash Moutain was good as always, except we it was in Japanese. Some of the songs were in English though. We had our own boat, which was cool.

DSC07195.jpg

DSC07197.jpg

DSC07198.jpg

DSC07202.jpg

And down we go. They don't call it Splash Mountain for nothing, I was sprayed in the face :lmao:

DSC07200.jpg

DSC07203.jpg

DSC07204.jpg

DSC07206.jpg

DSC07208.jpg

My favorite Easter Egg!!!!

DSC07209.jpg

Coming Up Bear Country!!

WOW! it looked like you had a great time. How awesome it wasn't very buy that must had made it very easy to see the park. The eggs are super cute too! Any tips on a game plan for a person who only has one day for each park?

I am not sure as far as tips because it was deserted when we were there. I would assume to arrive early and not go on a weekend.

Awesome report! I'm glad to see people heading to the parks despite everything happening in Japan.

Hungry Bear Restaurant. Very different menu compared to the DL in Anaheim. No burgers just curry :lmao:

DSC07211.jpg

DSC07214.jpg

Stitch Egg!
DSC07215.jpg

I loved the Stitch Tiki Room it was so cute. Stitch was huge though, kind of scary.

Pirate Egg
DSC07216.jpg

POTC and Blue Bayou were both closed when we were there. I was really wanting to eat lunch there, as I love the Blue Bayou at DL.

DSC07217.jpg

At this point I was starving so settled for a churro. I tell you the food choices are very limited there.

DSC07218.jpg

Easter Decor! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC07214.jpg

DSC07220.jpg

DSC07221.jpg

DSC07222.jpg

DSC07223.jpg

DSC07224.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07226.jpg

DSC07228.jpg

I loved the castle, I think it's the best Disney Castle I have ever seen, but a very close tie to DL Paris.

DSC07230.jpg

DSC07231.jpg

DSC07232.jpg

CMs wearing bunny ears :goodvibes

DSC07239.jpg

Wow, that's some amazing themeing! I love the vending machine! :lovestruc

LOVE your pictures. The theme'ing is so amazing. Those eggs are adorable. Did you do the Easter egg hunt? What a cute idea. Wish we saw more of this stuff here in the U.S.

I so look forward to visiting TDL and DS one day..when that day will be is unknown!

Thanks for sharing! Awesome pics! I would love to go again!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I have do have more pictures to post and will do that real soon.

Luvin the pic of the disney store front.
Stitches girlfriend is called Angel :) Luvin all the park pics so cool to see pics from a different park.

I'm very excited to read the rest of your TR. I'm pushing DH to spend the money on Tokyo Disney some time while we're stationed in Korea. I think I almost have him on my side. We didn't go to Disneyland Paris while we were in Europe, and I'm totally kicking myself for that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter